What characters have you worked for?

Doug Tait

2 hours ago, doobin said:

Garden grabbing is old news mate. What about the thousands of shit new builds the other side of chi? Not to mention building on the village football field. Prices there will start at 700k, it’s a bloody joke. 

Yes spot there . Aren't they moving the football pitch further down toward the cricket pitch ?  ( sorry about the old news 😐 )

Edited by Stubby

9 hours ago, spuddog0507 said:

There is that on the Standing estate that was supposed to be about 800 houses, seen them in front of the shop and at first i thought Dick was having them built but nowt to do with him, its happening every where our doctors that was built in mid 90s was forcast to be good till 2055 but its maxed out now, Just heard of a proposed deveolpment that starts at Hampson green (junction where you come off the M6 for the uni at lancaster) and it goes all the way to the other M6 junction where the river Lune is it consists of 9185 houses a shopping presinct, doctors, dentist, social club , pubs ,resteraunts, gyme, and 2 schools etc, god knows where all the top water is going to go as there is only one small river the Conder and that floods the village of Galgate quit often, then where is the water supply to come from e as i dont know of any new ress,s being built, its getting to the stage where something is going to give and it will end up as another massive recession ?

It's the same at near the junction for A6/M55 vast amount of houses. Anyway back to topic, Dick Leigh is a character to work for 

On 05/08/2021 at 00:20, spuddog0507 said:

Worked for quit a few over the years in and around the fylde (Blaclpool lytham ) First one was Les Dawson and i dont need to say much about what he was like to work for, he just made a joke out of any thing we did or said, top bloke, second was Little Mo out of the Rolly pollys who was good friends with Les Dawson and again a total sream to work for , third was Sid Little again a good bloke to work for, all these 3 came from being recomended by Les Dawson, Forth was Brian London who has sadly just past away, Brian was a heavey weight boxer back in the 60s and vey interesting bloke, he used to bring us a bacon butty and a brew out every morning about 10,15am and sit with us telling us about some of the fights he had with some big names over his career, We did a a landscaping job in the early 80s for a developer that was a bit of a rush job but unknown to us this was to be the set for the chanel 4 soap Brookside, Then later on in the late 90s early 2000s we used to go in to a pub on a sat aft after shooting and some one moved in to the village and on a sat aft about 5 ish she would come in and hers was the only voice we could hear, so it was sup up n fook off for us and move on  and that was her who played Jannic Battersby in Coronation street, very loud,, 

Did you give her a portion (Janet) ☺️

4 hours ago, gand said:

It's the same at near the junction for A6/M55 vast amount of houses. Anyway back to topic, Dick Leigh is a character to work for 

I haven,t been in the shop for about 18mth and on the odd visit Dick would of been on the counter and i used to ask him what he was doing behind there as i thought you would be at home counting all your money again, he just used to say well that dont take me so long ,,