Neat Freak

Treerover

5 hours ago, Treerover said:

Yes I’ve seen these and the Gheko feet but you’re still basically back to faffage and fiddling , having to concentrate on stowage of spare rope though .

How are you finding it Mark ?

Early days mate.

I’ve not re-racked the lanyard in it yet, although it seemed ok on ascent.

I’ve just thought ‘bugger me it’s hot, I need to smash this tree and get down’.

It will probably get thrown out the tree in a tantrum one day like many other good ideas.

Defo not a good choice for busy trees or connies, but worth a punt for broader crowns?

I got mine for nowt.

(FU @htb! 🖕) 😂

• Haha 1

UPDATE:
I took the plunge and ordered one. After really trying to find a suitable space on my TM it looked like it would be a HUGE nightmare as my saw hitches on the same side and in VERY close proximity to the coils.
It also seems that every samara on a Maple or catkin from an Oak would easily pull the coils out , thus necessitating a re-set of the thing.
Not convinced and have sent it back without it leaving the kitchen .
Ho hum, back like Joe to the Notch ditty with a re-mod

What bag have you got Joe?

The magnetic closure one?

The scuba clip sort of works, but the truth is coils are always going to be more prone to snagging, and that also applies to the Love Island Instagram Tree Freak or whatever it’s called.

Have you got a figure 8? I use mine to do the same after watching someone do just that on Instagram. Will take a photo later. 

I'm a Southerner and there is no chance I would spend 100 notes on a stupid bit of plastic to do the same thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

What bag have you got Joe?

The magnetic closure one?

The scuba clip sort of works, but the truth is coils are always going to be more prone to snagging, and that also applies to the Love Island Instagram Tree Freak or whatever it’s called.

Silver bull one from Honeys, got an elasticated vag-type opening. 

20210728_140310.jpg

• Thanks 1