Extreme heat

Jack.P

Just now, Mike Hill said:

Some of my very best reductions occurred Monday morning post a Boogie at "Solid Sunday".

Or did you just think they were your best? 😂

I used to work next to some Hungarian carpenters. They had all kinds of stuff on hand, their workshop was like a rave, you could hear it a mile away. Incredible productivity though!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moose McAlpine said:

Or did you just think they were your best? 😂

I used to work next to some Hungarian carpenters. They had all kinds of stuff on hand, their workshop was like a rave, you could hear it a mile away. Incredible productivity though!

Ok then.

The most fun reductions often took place Monday morning.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Joe Newton said:

I think there have been links to people having strokes from jumping in cold water from very hot temperatures.

You can get a stroke from diving into cold water in a cold day.  

My pal over here dived in for an Ice Bath on New Year’s Day.  He had a stroke later that evening.  39 years old, healthy Muay Thai Instructor.

Bought a linen t shirt from lidl feels like having aircon wearing it compared to cotton was really suprised how much difference it made.

Also dark colours really heat  up compared to white if you ever worn a  black top in sun you will know how its can cook u....

Man from del monty with his white  linen suit was on to something I reckon.

• Like 3

ice cold drinks when going into heatstroke can be bad for you if you down say a bottle, sipping is fine. A bottle of it can shock your system and it thinks you are becoming hyperthermic so sends blood to the stomach from
the extremities and most people pass out and throw up

• Like 1

Some interesting points made about over hydration , I guess that can be possible in some cases .one of the days after drinking bucket loads still hardly pissed anything and when I did that was dark yellow which usually means dehydration . I guess most of the water is just lost in sweating. Kriss i get the pressure thing in the brain sometimes with migraines,vomiting usually gives relief but not much is known about this yet .i think of it now though as just a state of mind though which anyone can learn to overcome 

14 hours ago, Pete Mctree said:

When working flat out in this heat, I try and get at least 6l into me over the working day, preferably a litre an hour. If you don't have isotonic drinks (not needed all the time), I eat fruit and salted peanuts or crisps as a snack. Helps a lot IMO

Too much salt is a diuretic also most you get in packet stuff is poor type sea salt/Himalayan is better as got more minerals in it.

Too much fluid is as bad as too little it flushes out minerals and vitamins and best way is watch pee colour dark like tea is not enough but clear/very light is way too much and you can drowned from too much fluid! Not a pleasant death either!