Extreme heat

Jack.P

I think the term "too much water" is a little misleading in regards to overhydration as it's more of a case of too little salt/electrolytes. I don't know about you but in extreme heat I don't find myself getting that hungry and I can see how easy it is to fall into the trap of getting headaches and feeling crap so you smash down more and more water thinking you're dehydrated and you just make the whole thing worse, maybe not dying from water overdose worse but definitely a hangover feeling...

• Like 2

Must admit after reading this thread the other night bought some skitter salts from the supermarket and had some the night as i got back to van.

I definately felt better n drive home as on these really hot days i can be fcuked on drive home and do occasionally sop for a wee siesta.

But it may just be a mental illusion, the other lad took a sachet too so will find out how he feels the morro.

I might ask at chemist a wknd but might stat taking them 1 or 2 a day while sweating as much as i am, it makes sense ur losing salts etc

I honestly have never drank as much water as i have done recently, or paid as much attention as i have to carry the bloody stuff all day. 

Fairly adds wirght to ur ruck sack with 6 or 7 litres in it.

Think  just shy of 10l so far today and just away to do a bit off concretteing, just seems a mental amount esp when u live in scotland.

As someone said above there could be a big difference in being cooled by ice on ur skin too drinking a litre of ice cold water fairly quickly.

Will have to ask more about overhydration, but if ur not pissing all day and sweating i cant see any other option but to keep drinking

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It got to about 32 here today .seems crazy the amount of water to bring to jobs ,I was in full sun all day and started feeling a bit nauseous towards the end of the day.hopefully the heat will be dropping off towards the end of the week .

Just a comment, try  runners or cyclist T shirt / long sleeved top, moisture wicking to take the sweat from your body and lets it evaporate better than a cotton one

Always thought, check the colour of your pee, the darker it is the more dehydrated you are.

Nothing wrong with a bag of crisps for lunch either and a banana, don't necessarily need isotonic drinks

Anyone else find that with sun lotion everything sticks to you and you end up looking camouflaged and then some of it washes away with sweat.yesterday drank 6L on the job and still had a headache , and Even a factor 50 didn’t fully protect .i can’t stand this heat 

58 minutes ago, Khriss said:

And thats after I put it on the deck . 2002 when I had nice hair 

BigPoplar Midlands .jpg

Some nice timber in that K.could have landed it on those 2 smaller limbs .the heat not as bad this week but still sweaty work .i once cut something of a similar size ,apparently the whole house shook as it landed 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jack.P said:

Some nice timber in that K.could have landed it on those 2 smaller limbs .the heat not as bad this week but still sweaty work .i once cut something of a similar size ,apparently the whole house shook as it landed 

It did thump down 😳 didnt put sticks under it as the  main road into the caravan park had viewrs parked up to watch us and didnt want a stick getting flipped through their windows ! K