Ecosy purefire curve

Hi all, the mother in law has decided she wants a new multifuel burner in the kitchen.

She's found an ecosy 10kw stove at a very good price, about £520 I think.

I've never heard of them and just wondering if anybody's had any experience of them? Don't want her to waste her money on something that wont last.

Or if anybody can recommend a reliable multifuel of around 10kw that wont break the bank.

Thanks for any advice- Andy 

• 3 weeks later...

Internet only I think,  so she wont get to see one.  Judging by the crates I have seen its made in China so likely to have a short service life compared to a quality product,  but £600 for a 10kw stove is very cheap given the huge steel price rises we are seeing over the last 6 months.

10kw is a pretty big stove,  suitable for a room with a volume of 140 cubic meters,   is the room she wants it for that big ?.

With the current massive demand for stoves post lockdown 1 most decent stove manufacturers have halted production of their big stoves and put that capacity into smaller and more popular models.     I would usually recommend the Arada Ecoburn range but the biggest in current production is the 7kw.   Esse and Morso are similar,  Charnwood have the superb Island 3 but its around £2500 and unlikley to be able to get one for some months.

You are asking for reliable and cheap,  these two words do not go together usually as far as stoves go.  Cheap and cheerfull yes,   you might get 5 years from the Ecosy, maybe 10 but probably no more.  You pays your money etc.

A