Hernia

Mark Bolam

I don't think that's always the case, the 1st surgeon I saw was hoping to do me via keyhole, the 2nd surgeon I saw said it just wouldn't work as it was too big a repair (it may have got worse with the delays in surgery from being cancelled once before covid and a 2nd time because of covid) and there was absolutely no point as I'd be back in having it done again so I think they probably have to take into account what's best for the situation.

Oh man this does not sound ideal !!! [emoji23]
How’s your hip now incidentally? Still working on it ? Climbing ? [emoji1307]

If your consultant didn't do key hole you should of got a referral to one if you requested one. 

My first opp was open which failed do to it being left to long and got to big for open surgery, was told by second consultant first consultant should of pushed everything back and then got key hole surgeon to put patch on inside, which I was not told in the first place could be done. 

You have the right to change you constant at any time that is the law I went through it about 5 years ago when my mother was in hospital. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, oldwoodcutter said:

As I understand it, if they’re going to be stuffing in layers of that mesh stuff to line your insides, they have to open you right up.
As in a corporal Jones and his bayonet type of procedure.

No mesh inside is a key hole job. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oldwoodcutter said:

As I understand it, if they’re going to be stuffing in layers of that mesh stuff to line your insides, they have to open you right up.
As in a corporal Jones and his bayonet type of procedure.

I bet you're well chuffed to hear that, Bolam.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

No results from the ultrasound on Wednesday yet, but the driver wouldn’t tell me anything, it has to come from my GP.

I kind of hope it isn’t a hernia, but realistically a hernia might be the least bad diagnosis, if you know what I mean?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

No results from the ultrasound on Wednesday yet, but the driver wouldn’t tell me anything, it has to come from my GP.

I kind of hope it isn’t a hernia, but realistically a hernia might be the least bad diagnosis, if you know what I mean?

Have you tried to do a bit of 'research' and Google your symptoms?  

It will make you feel relieved when you find out it is a hernia and not fifth stage cancer of the penis.

I have a hernia that I'm putting of getting diagnosed along with all my other alignments until i know the local gp is working full time. 

There isn’t room in my penis for cancer, so it can’t be that.

Course I’ve Googled it, but it’s pretty pointless.

My GP has a coffee mug on his desk that says ‘Please don’t confuse your Google search with my medical degree’.

He’s a pretty good guy, for a scouser!

• Like 4