Supermarket charcoal bullshit

AHPP

6 hours ago, AHPP said:

IMG_1626392562.661156.jpg

What do coconuts grow on then?

Ship coconut shells half way round the world and then tell the locals it’s eco because it’s not a tree. Vacuous horseshit.

Some where on there its got to say, It may contain nuts. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Biproduct of the coconut industry , like coire, shells can be used for shot blasting ,

Yup and our overseas development authority actively sought the use of coconut shells as a use of a waste product and to provide labour and income in poorer communities way back in the 60s. Shipping bulk products does have some environmental cost but this compares fairly with electronic tat from China.cost but

17 minutes ago, Khriss said:

but I will be only buying lumpwood cos it burns better . K

I'm not sure about that but then if I need any I make my own.

Maybe has fire retardants?

Cover it in fire retardant to make it safe for shipping across the globe

On arrival in UK treat it with propellants and bag into "self lighting" bags

Dunno if this is true for coconut but  the supermarket stuff I had was hard to light compared to stuff I got off a local maker

Biproduct of the coconut industry , like coire, shells can be used for shot blasting , but I will be only buying lumpwood cos it burns better . K
I didn't know that but not at all surprised. If you've ever cracked open a coconut shell; it's an extremely hard material. Much harder than wood for instance.

2 hours ago, sime42 said:
7 hours ago, Khriss said:
Biproduct of the coconut industry , like coire, shells can be used for shot blasting , but I will be only buying lumpwood cos it burns better . K

I didn't know that but not at all surprised. If you've ever cracked open a coconut shell; it's an extremely hard material. Much harder than wood for instance.

Shotblasting teak boat hulls out near equator, strips the molluscs n shit right off. Just hard enuff but not too savage. K