re - nesting birds

Anno

1 minute ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

If you know who they are, and if I were in your shoes, I’d let myself into his & her house, sit down to watch the TV and hoist my feet up (shoes on) on the coffee table. 

They’d have absolutely no scope to complain because that is pretty much (metaphorically) the disrespect, self entitlement and invasion of privacy they have visited upon you. 

PS - please video and share if you choose to adopt my methodology 😂😂

👍

• 2 weeks later...

On 31/07/2021 at 10:35, Slad said:

I see your point, but that's my timber/firewood we're talking about here. It has value to me, and also to the birds, which prefer living trees to nest in.  A throw line might disturb the birds, but probably less than being picked up, lowered to the ground, weighed, measured, ringed and raised back up into the nest.  I think how the climber gets to the nest is going to be insignificant compared to what comes next.  You'll have seen my comments  about ladders; it's not easy.  But if you care enough about wildlife to ring it, you should care enough to do the job right.

Aup fellow any news regarding the lady and gent who was on your land up to no good. Ok 👍 

• Like 1

It's gone a bit quiet.  The thing most people would do would be to come round and apologise.   They have our contact details so I'm not sure if they are too ignorant to apologise, or have been told to keep quiet while they are investigated by the BTO (the people who license them).  The thing is, before we knew they were with the GRMG, we reported them to the police.  So now the Rural Crime Team are involved too.  And now they are in trouble twice, all because they were too lazy to do the right thing.

Sometimes "sorry" is enough, but right now I hope they find another hobby. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Slad said:

It's gone a bit quiet.  The thing most people would do would be to come round and apologise.   They have our contact details so I'm not sure if they are too ignorant to apologise, or have been told to keep quiet while they are investigated by the BTO (the people who license them).  The thing is, before we knew they were with the GRMG, we reported them to the police.  So now the Rural Crime Team are involved too.  And now they are in trouble twice, all because they were too lazy to do the right thing.

You got a crime number ?

20 hours ago, Slad said:

That’s first thing I would of done is apologise. They probably still think there above law they will probably get a smack on wrist I wonder if they will have to give a £100 donation? To RSPB? 

21 hours ago, Stubby said:

You got a crime number ?

I bet he has stubby now days that’s all police 👮‍♂️ do hand crime numbers out. Never see a deal of policing lol they only want to do prosecutions when you have done detective 🕵️ work your self 😂 

Edited by Patrick goulding
  • Like 1

On 08/08/2021 at 19:09, Slad said:

You won’t get a freely given apology off these characters🤔. With some of these organisations they start out with good intentions and it evolves into something where their own egos become more important than what they’re trying to protect. They become a secret society and think they can do what they want and are answerable to no one🤔

Edited by dan blocker
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dan blocker said:

they become a secret society and think they can do what they want and are answerable to no one

This is so true of many organisations from little charities through parish councils to big business and government. Often someone will have seen the main chance and subverted the aims of the original society/organisation to fulfil their wishes.

• Like 4

On 08/08/2021 at 19:11, Stubby said:

You got a crime number ?

Just heard from the Police guy dealing with it that they don't give crime numbers because offences under the Wildlife and Countryside Act are not recordable, but that they are looking into it.  They've contacted the other lot.

3 minutes ago, Slad said:

Just heard from the Police guy dealing with it that they don't give crime numbers because offences under the Wildlife and Countryside Act are not recordable, but that they are looking into it.  They've contacted the other lot.

When they " contacted " the other lot was there any indication of the content of the communication ?

Edited by Stubby