re - nesting birds

Anno

Hopefully we won't need to go down that route.

As to the identity of the climber, the name I was given matches the same person here - can you spot him?  The person who gave us the names also told us that they had also barred them from their property because of their behaviour.

Well you have definitely got them bang to rights your cameras worked a treat proper detective 🕵️‍  Top man I take my hat off to you. It’s very interesting that the people who think are doing good aren’t always working in the law and don’t abide by the rules. Do you think 🤔 they have had there own camera 🎥 equipment up monitoring? Very interesting 🤔 keep us in the loop. Cheers 👍 

Edited by Patrick goulding
  • Like 1

Like any good Soap Opera, you're going to have to wait until next week to find out what happened next.  Until then, can I ask a noob question please?  I want to get my facts straight before talking with a few people.

The trees we are talking about are mature pines; trunks more than18" at chest height with branches starting about 12' from the ground.  They are living trees. 

Questions for the experts:

1. Is using spurs on living trees harmful? (I think I know the answer to that one, but I don't know how much)

2. If you were going to climb one of these trees (and you aren't going to be cutting anything) would you normally use rope or spurs to ascend?

3. ...and what is the Industry recommendation? (Because the rules and what people actually do are sometimes different 😉)

Many thanks!

1st tree.png

Edited by Slad

5 hours ago, Khriss said:

Well, harmful yes, it can allow insect invasion / fungal invasion and cause sap bleed . If yr inspecting a fault , a ladder may do but I would still want to be roped in . K 

Do you mean that you would prefer to use a ladder and/or a rope to access the tree, rather than spurs?

If the tree was being removed we would normally access the trees with spurs especially with it being a straight growing tree like a pine. Clip in with a lanyard and then tie in with a rope when we get to a high point. Not sure why they didn’t use a ladder or a throw line to get a rope in to the tree. They obviously didn’t care about the health of your trees because if they did they would of gained access in another way last thing a arborist  or some one with a clue would want to do is harm a tree what’s not being removed. 👍 

1 hour ago, Slad said:

Do you mean that you would prefer to use a ladder and/or a rope to access the tree, rather than spurs?

• Like 4