Husky 560 issues

jonhorselogger

I've got a 560 that over the last couple of weeks has developed a couple of issues and am looking for some advice, serious advice not lots of 'buy a Stihl comments' please.

Cutting with the tip of the bar is fine but as it moves closer to the body of the saw it looses power and bogs down.

Secondly, the bar and chain get hot extremely quickly and the chain is slack then tight then slack again.

It's had a new clutch, brake band and bar.

I've got a feeling I know what it is but would appreciate some advice.

It sounds like it is not oiling, or not oiling enough, it may cut at the tip due to less loading on it, the pump is adjustable, what length of bar do you have? try doing an oil test on a piece of cardboard, aim the tip of the bar at the cardboard and run the saw at full revs for approximately a minute, how much oil do you see on the cardboard? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, adw said:

It sounds like it is not oiling, or not oiling enough, it may cut at the tip due to less loading on it, the pump is adjustable, what length of bar do you have? try doing an oil test on a piece of cardboard, aim the tip of the bar at the cardboard and run the saw at full revs for approximately a minute, how much oil do you see on the cardboard? 

Thanks for that I'll give it a try, I'm running just a 15" bar.

18 minutes ago, AngrySquirrel said:

If had a part did you make sure hub is placed in oil driver slots so driving oil pump? also check to see if nylon driver isn't cracked/split? can happen if not located when do bar nuts up

Yeah the slots are driving the oil pump, I'll check the rest. Thanks 👍🏻

• Like 1