GROUNDS PERSON (ARBORIST) VACANCY

I knew you were mostly joking, otherwise you wouldn’t be on this forum

I worked for a guy who had fishing lakes back in the early nineties.

I was at a bit of a low ebb in my life, just turned 30, no direction etc.

We used to have a mug of tea and chat before I started the strimming or whatever.

Before that he used to have an estate agency and then ran a honey wagon business.

I asked him why he didn’t just buy a load of flats and rent them out and live off the proceedings.

He said “you have to be interested or like what you do, I’d die of boredom if I did that”

Now I’m not saying it was a lightbulb moment for me, but as the days and weeks wore on I began to understand what he meant.

As for this job at the university.

If I was a just qualified climber I might be tempted as I doubt there will be much time pressure on the jobs.

Plus if you’re a youngish presentable fella/woman you’ll have a lot of opportunities for discussing Ugandan affairs.

Looking around various social media platforms competent climbers are very sought after at the moment, firms crying out for them, so the money on offer here looks on the low side to say the least.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 2

I went for an interview once for a similar job .It wasn’t until it was further discussed that I realised how much of a joke it was .(the pay and there high expectations lol)

I suspect all the young men there which were working for peanuts only wanted all there tickets paid for then and arborists mentioned in cvs then most would be leaving after 6 months .more money stacking shelf’s in the warm and dry 

• Like 2