GROUNDS PERSON (ARBORIST) VACANCY

7 minutes ago, harvey b davison said:

I think what people are not taking into account, is jobs like these you also get holiday pay, sick pay , pension and other benefits which can sometimes far outweigh the initial income.

Wages are rubbish harvey lets be honest. Its a dogs body they are after not a skilled arborist as advertised.

• Like 1

I would think a job like that will be a walk in the park, it will have some very good benifits and i cant see it being a hard pushed job, 

One of the biggest F _ _ K ups i made was not applying for a groundsman job 30 yrs ago at a high school about half a mile away from me, it was not the best pay by far but there was only so much grass n hedges to cut in the week, the bloke who got it said it was the best job he had ever had , 8 - 4 mon -thurs 8-12 fri, 30 days holiday + BH sick pay and pension scheam with the option of paying extra in yourself, It is still run with a 3 man team as it was back then but the school is half as big again with new buildings, car parks and hard sports areas so today there will be even less to do,  

• Like 1

I would think a job like that will be a walk in the park, it will have some very good benifits and i cant see it being a hard pushed job, 
One of the biggest F _ _ K ups i made was not applying for a groundsman job 30 yrs ago at a high school about half a mile away from me, it was not the best pay by far but there was only so much grass n hedges to cut in the week, the bloke who got it said it was the best job he had ever had , 8 - 4 mon -thurs 8-12 fri, 30 days holiday + BH sick pay and pension scheam with the option of paying extra in yourself, It is still run with a 3 man team as it was back then but the school is half as big again with new buildings, car parks and hard sports areas so today there will be even less to do,  
This is what I mean spuddog, sometimes you have to look past the bare wages and look at the benefits. I work for the NHS as a maintenance joiner, the wages are crap, but the benefits more than make up for it.
  • Like 2

Just now, harvey b davison said:
8 minutes ago, spuddog0507 said:

Read more  

This is what I mean spuddog, sometimes you have to look past the bare wages and look at the benefits. I work for the NHS as a maintenance joiner, the wages are crap, but the benefits more than make up for it.

That dont happen in this day and age so often nowadays, its what time do i go home, how many sick days am i allowed and how much do i get a week ??, one thing i do tell the young lads who work with us is, DONT just think about today or tomorrow be thinking 2, 5, 10, 15 years down the line, seems to fall on deaf ears with most of them, then one lad who did listen and has worked out a few things is doing very well on his own and when he can afford he buys his next bit of kit, he dont invest money with the local weed dealer nor does he invest much with Fosters or Carlsberg either, 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, harvey b davison said:

I think what people are not taking into account, is jobs like these you also get holiday pay, sick pay , pension and other benefits which can sometimes far outweigh the initial income.

When I took VR from the local water authority in 2010 I was on £14/hour plus all the perks, how's that stack up today for a tradesman.

7 hours ago, spuddog0507 said:

If doing as little as possible is a career aim then yes, you missed out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

If doing as little as possible is a career aim then yes, you missed out.

Was taught many years ago, do as little as possible for maximum return, But i dont know what went wrong supposed to be semi retiered ?? its just gone half 6 on a sunday morning and going to the yard for some diesel and then got some timber to forward out on a job so will be sat on a tractor till i start melting 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Sad 1