Essential upgrade s for l200 tipper?

benedmonds

Our LR 130 repair is not going to happen quickly if ever and we needed a 4x4 on the fleet, so have purchased an l200. 

It's not going to be a main chip vehicle and I nearly went for a non tipper but being able to chip into will occasionally be useful. 

What upgrades are advised.

Different tyres will obviously be needed if going off road. But it looks to have potential to have alot of weight over the rear axle.

Do we need to upgrade the springs?

Would airbags do the job?

What about helper springs?

A MILNER Suspension kit aimed for the working vehicle frequently carrying and/or...

A MILNER OFF ROAD MANUFACTURED PART.When leaf springs are under heavy...

Ironman 4x4 Load Plus is a unique patented suspension system, engineered to...

Screenshot_20210713-195817_Chrome.jpg

Edited by benedmonds

Would definitely upgrade the springs, you won't be able to work the truck with standards ... air bags would help but I don't use them.
Probably why it's one of my most hated vehicles to drive when loaded and towing after reading your above link for them they seem a good idea......

Worth noting that the legal payload from factory is only around a tonne, by the time you've had a tipper conversion and a chipping body built you'll have naff all left of that really.

You'd be better off keeping it as is for putting kit in the back and towing a 3.5t tipping trailer. 

• Like 2

You need to look at if you want to replace landy directly which you will not with any other truck, if just a tool carrier pickup with ifor or truckman top would work well then just drag trailer with it if all licences in crew allow. 

A Built up wheel and tyre combo kit Patriot R/T 265/65R17 built on black Steel Modular Wheels (complete with steel wheel nuts) R/T is am all season rugged terrain tyreQuiet and...

Any one used these Patriot R.T tyres, would make life easy to have a set for off road work and at £585 + VAT that is cheaper that I could gt BFG's fitted.

• Like 1

Picked up the l200. Seems like a well constructed and thought out back.. Drives fine empty.. I am concerned about the weight over the rear axle.. The ladder racks a great and being able to chuck everything in the back (including the kids) made it good for a kayak carrier..20210718_150457.thumb.jpg.0fced7057382ffb218fde87367b00a17.jpg

20210718_122056.jpg

• Like 3