I can’t believe my country is in a final didn’t think it would happen in my life time

Patrick goulding

Eng certainly deserved the win on balance; Denmark have done themselves proud.

I'm just about there with the TMO in rugby but what the **** is VAR there for if it's not to get decisions right?!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Billhook said:

Totally agree with you about Pickford every kick seemed to go out or to the Danes.

The penalty was not at all as obvious as other decisions where there was no doubt.  However, good to see that there is now a video judgement but I would be interested to know the line up on that video panel.

It also seems unfair that the Danish goalie did such a fantastic save only to give away a chance for a second shot which does not happen in the penalty shoot outs, how did this rule develop?

The ball is still in play, the game is still going, a defender could have got to it and cleared it just as easily.

In a shoot out the game has finished, it would be unworkable to let the penalty taker continue trying.

Theres a number of vids (that I can’t post) of goalies celebrating a miss by the taker in a shoot out, only to see the ball spin back into the goal.

Can someone post one to explain please?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big J said:

England deserved the win, but not by the manner that it was achieved. The penalty wasn't justified. They did control long parts of the game though. Denmark were superb, especially considering their population is a tenth of England's.

If they win on Sunday, the question will no doubt be raised - can England only win a major championship at Wembley?

And their roads are better J 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

The ball is still in play, the game is still going, a defender could have got to it and cleared it just as easily.

In a shoot out the game has finished, it would be unworkable to let the penalty taker continue trying.

Theres a number of vids (that I can’t post) of goalies celebrating a miss by the taker in a shoot out, only to see the ball spin back into the goal.

Can someone post one to explain please?

How close can the defenders be to the goal when the penalty is taken? They must all be aware of the potential for the ball to go loose but I do not recall a rush of Danish defenders rushing in to try and save the day

2 hours ago, Big J said:

England deserved the win, but not by the manner that it was achieved. The penalty wasn't justified. They did control long parts of the game though. Denmark were superb, especially considering their population is a tenth of England's.

If they win on Sunday, the question will no doubt be raised - can England only win a major championship at Wembley?

May be an image of 2 people and people playing sport

The penalty was justified. No 24 came steaming across and cut Sterling off with his right leg after the ball was past him, that was after being clipped on the heels.

• Like 6

Everyone has to be outside the box when the ball is kicked except goalie and penalty taker. Penalty taker will always be closer..

Casper should of caught it or pushed it away. He tried to catch it but failed. In this sense it wasn't a good save.

• Like 2

Pissing in every ones cornflakes but be careful where you watch the final!! I know 10 who have tested positive so far from one small village who went to a workingmans club in haltwistle to get cheap beer and watch the game on Saturday...

• Sad 1