Moronic Signs

Billhook

2 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

You can see where BT or whatever they are called now have put barriers around the duct chamber they've pumped out in the verge. I guess you never noticed that?

I really cannot see what you are talking about.  The first four cones are to protect the lights and signs and then they continue for several hundred yards but I guess you never noticed that?

We have just had several heavy showers to account for the water.  The cones go on for several hundred yards and there is a gap in them to let vehicles in.  So the reason they are there is to protect a workforce rather than shield a pothole or water. 

No Workforce so no need for the cones overnight or when the workforce is away.

5 minutes ago, Billhook said:

I really cannot see what you are talking about.  The first four cones are to protect the lights and signs and then they continue for several hundred yards but I guess you never noticed that?

We have just had several heavy showers to account for the water.  The cones go on for several hundred yards and there is a gap in them to let vehicles in.  So the reason they are there is to protect a workforce rather than shield a pothole or water. 

There looks to be some barriers on the verge just beyond the staggered junction road sign.

28 minutes ago, Billhook said:

You've driven past it and can't see what's going on?

2 hours ago, harvey b davison said:

This one gets me all the time, really winds me up. If I had had my way, all road works once started must be worked on until completion.

That's how they do it in Europe. Contraflows no longer than they need to be, go past roadworks on a French motorway at 3am, they're there fixing it.

It's a mess here.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Moose McAlpine said:

That's how they do it in Europe. Contraflows no longer than they need to be, go past roadworks on a French motorway at 3am, they're there fixing it.

It's a mess here.

Oh don’t start saying how shit things are here compared to Sweden, Germany, Swaziland etc....

Youll get Big J on his industrial soap box!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Moose McAlpine said:

It's a mess here.

Sorry to contradict, Moose. I don't know what part of France you are referring to, certainty not where I live and work. Barriers left in situ after work has been completed, temporary speed restriction signs still there a week or so after the jobs done, in perpetuum. I'm delving into Latin now, to show what a smart arse I am.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1