Moronic Signs

Billhook

19 hours ago, Peasgood said:

The strangest sign I ever saw was on a junction of two dirt roads in Australia, this junction was at least 30 miles from the nearest bit of tarmac. Any vehicle going down the track would have made headline news in a local paper if there was one.

Wide open space, no limit on vision etc etc.

The sign said "Stop". Not Give Way or anything like that, just Stop.

No idea why it was even there and a lot more people will read this post than ever read the sign.

To amuse the locals, seeing how many tourists obeyed it.

I’m sure we’ve had this thread - or something very similar - before. 

I can remember posting this before but couldn’t find it. It popped up on FB ‘memories’ today. 

Quethiock village 5 years ago and Quethiock village last week where Cormac are STILL acting like morons (as described earlier in the thread)

F49C6178-7093-4A61-B7FE-3248AEDE6CF5.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I’m sure we’ve had this thread - or something very similar - before. 

I can remember posting this before but couldn’t find it. It popped up on FB ‘memories’ today. 

We have. Someone (maybe you?) suggested it was a diversion for the Ninky Nonk.

Alec

I will continue..........

There is a duck pond in the next village which I have been passing for over fifty years with a warning sign for ducks and I have never yet seen a duck there.

There is a sign on our main road "Danger Cyclists".  Since cyclists are everywhere you may as well have a sign saying, danger lorries or danger cars.

Then there is the sign with an elderly couple with walking sticks, "Danger old people"   Any driver has to be aware of all potential hazards, there are mothers with prams, children playing, dogs and cats as well as deer and livestock.  Why are there not signs for all of these and many more.  Hedgehogs? Badgers? Muntjac, Foxes? Their carcasses seem to be the ones littering the verges.

Then we have a village near here on the main road which starts with a 40mph limit and a speed camera but it only lasts for a few hundred yards which pass houses with hidden driveways right on the road, a garage and an old peoples home before it changes to 30 mph. What were they thinking?  Traffic constantly pulling in and out of the garage.

At the other end the same, the 30 limit stops and becomes 40 but as the years went buy there have been a lot of houses built going out of the village but nobody thought to move the signs to match.

People do not drive at appropriate speeds I know but these signs are not going to deter that behaviour.

Rant nearly over

7 minutes ago, Billhook said:

I will continue..........

There is a duck pond in the next village which I have been passing for over fifty years with a warning sign for ducks and I have never yet seen a duck there.

There is a sign on our main road "Danger Cyclists".  Since cyclists are everywhere you may as well have a sign saying, danger lorries or danger cars.

Then there is the sign with an elderly couple with walking sticks, "Danger old people"   Any driver has to be aware of all potential hazards, there are mothers with prams, children playing, dogs and cats as well as deer and livestock.  Why are there not signs for all of these and many more.  Hedgehogs? Badgers? Muntjac, Foxes? Their carcasses seem to be the ones littering the verges.

Then we have a village near here on the main road which starts with a 40mph limit and a speed camera but it only lasts for a few hundred yards which pass houses with hidden driveways right on the road, a garage and an old peoples home before it changes to 30 mph. What were they thinking?  Traffic constantly pulling in and out of the garage.

At the other end the same, the 30 limit stops and becomes 40 but as the years went buy there have been a lot of houses built going out of the village but nobody thought to move the signs to match.

People do not drive at appropriate speeds I know but these signs are not going to deter that behaviour.

Rant nearly over

Really missing a trick with the duck sign, I'd have "slow down for duck sake"

• Like 2