Moronic Signs

Billhook

2 minutes ago, Billhook said:

Could not believe anyone would put this sign up under a traffic light!

‘Elf and safety gawn mad?

04A05652-F0EC-43F9-8B1D-90FCAAFAB3FF.jpeg

You mean the bit saying wait here till the green light shows?

If so, that's the standard sign and wording for temporary traffic lights with more than 2 heads. If its got 2 heads the sign says 'when red light shows wait here'

They've been law for decades I'm afraid.

Doesn’t any driver know in any language that if you come across a set of traffic lights which are red, you do not go until they are green.  What difference does it make if they are temporary, three way , ten way, railway crossing or the one next to your wife’s pillow!

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, scottythepinetree said:

To be fair, when dealing with the public, you can't reiterate your instructions too many times. Like lemmings, the walk past signage, over or through barriers and often ignore direct warnings. It's almost as though they think large timber would make a nice hat.

This is sooo true .

8 minutes ago, Billhook said:

Doesn’t any driver know in any language that if you come across a set of traffic lights which are red, you do not go until they are green.  What difference does it make if they are temporary, three way , ten way, railway crossing or the one next to your wife’s pillow!

I think you might be surprised how daft some people can be, I was working on the M62 in Warrington many years ago when I slowed down, beacons on and indicating to pull into a Works Access... followed by a coach and a whole load of other vehicles playing at being sheep.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I think you might be surprised how daft some people can be, I was working on the M62 in Warrington many years ago when I slowed down, beacons on and indicating to pull into a Works Access... followed by a coach and a whole load of other vehicles playing at being sheep.

But why should those people take any more notice of a sign then a red light?

Probably cannot read anyway I 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I have seen that before on the track . Target fixation they call it . Bloke gets it a bit wrong in a corner and runs out of road , the bike following does the same but has no real need to .

• Like 1