jonsered 625

apvinny

ok so all back together and a non runner even with fuel down the plug hole.so my few questions are it has a tillotson carb with two inlets one for fuel and one for impulse which pipes go to which one,the one on the top or the one on the side.and the metering arm where should it be set height wise i have it level with lowest part of the carb or should it be where the gasket sits,so they are my two things to try apart from that i'm at a loss thanks all

The impulse pipe goes to the top of the carb( the pump cover ) the fuel inlet to the side of the carb, the metering lever should be level with the carb floor, if it has a fork make sure it fits to the diaphragm correctly, not to doubt your ability but have you assembled the diaphragm sans gaskets in the correct orientation?

Ok back to basics, plug out and we’ll earthed against the cylinder, crank the engine do we have a spark, if yes open the gap to double its original, do we still have a spark? If no new ignition module, if yes replace plug and crank engine with the choke out, remove the plug again, is it wet with fuel? if no we have a fuelling issue, this could be a carb issue, or a large air leak, if the plug is wet re check the flywheel key, if this has sheared the timing will be out and will never run. If the spark plug is excessively wet and there seems to be lots of fuel about, then the carb needle is leaking, a pressure test will show this very quickly, has the cylinder been off this saw? If not and all else fails it will need to come off, check piston condition where you would not have seen it through the exhaust port, remove the ring and fit into the cylinder , no measure the ring end gap of the compressed ring, if more than a few thousand of and inch replace the ring.

• Like 1

i think this saw has been apart before because a few bits missing on strip down,i have a scary feeling the piston is on the wrong way round.when i took the cylinder off to get the boot back on.i was going to check this but forgot[bad memory].should the gap in the piston face the exhaust port or carb.