Sea fishing!

AngrySquirrel

IMG_2654.jpgIMG_2735.jpgIMG_2859.jpg
Had 27 sea trout last season , this year was for about 6 , they say commercial netting does not effect the runs but it's hard to not think that due to COVID they where not operating at peak run time last year and the result was pretty amazing...
I was reading that north East Sea trout go to feed in Norway in deeper waters which is why they get so big unlike the west coat sea trout which just stay off the coast.
Any way amazing fish.

• Like 6

I dont target sea Trout but...

I have caught them on a long line,one time I caught three on the same string. In winter they feed right up to the water's edge.I caught a 8 pounder in about 2cm of water beleive it or not. I could hear it splashing as I went down through the forest to check the long line.

This was using Mackrell chunks for bait.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, green horn said:
19 hours ago, spuddog0507 said:
Caught a few trout over the years and a supprise seatrout, please excuse the quality of the photos as they are photos of photos,,
20170716_040008.thumb.jpg.6504de18c09378c098d032db3b0f817e.jpg
20170716_040026.thumb.jpg.3d2fd406109e3de57057a5f4f8b6a182.jpg
20170710_180609.thumb.jpg.a87591c7e3ab56f1611353e61afc1786.jpg

Read more  

nice fish are the two large ones ferox trout. i have never had the pleasure of catchin a double figure trout .had plenty large pike n salmon

First photo is 6,12 and not sure if that was a ferrox or a sea trout, the 2nd one was ferrox of 12,02 and the 3rd one all so a ferrox of 16,14, I had targeted a ferrox for many years but with zero results and then the 2 fish in the last 2 photos where caught with in 24 hrs of each other on the same water but about 5 miles apart, other lads had been catching them for several years but lady luck was not on my side until these 2 came along,

• Like 2

• 1 month later...