African Hardwood for sale

gobbypunk

3 hours ago, gobbypunk said:

So this is getting mad I do not have much paper work but my friend has been milling and importing African Hardwood for 40/50 yrs If anyone does buy any I will put my business name on anything you want most of this timber has been air dry in the same warehouse for 30yrs or more as you can see the import date printed on the stacks also my friend has supplied some quite prestigious places and even though I dont thi k I need to proove myself I will ask his permission to name a few ,sorry I didnt post any photos was just in a rush ,I will try and post some pics asap I hope this helps a bit

Cheers Mark

When ever trying to sell anything over the internet photos are a must and the better the photos are the better your chance of a sale and the more photos the better, Personally i think you might be struggling to sell at the price your asking due to the restictions now in place on the felling and exporting of some of these timbers, people are now starting to take note of what has happened and is still happening illeagaly to these trees and dont want to encourage any more ileagal destruction, i think to get good money for this timber you would need to supply the dated paper work on all importation and sale details, its ok saying its got the import date stamped on it but that could of been put on a few wk ago ?, some of this timber i know is very nice timber and back when i started work (1980) these timbers where widely available but unfortunatly have fallen way out of fashion, for the price your asking for this timber  if we compare it to something that we can get hold of today and that is in fashion at present. like some burred Oak or Elm of that size i am 99% sure you would be sat there thinking i wish i had more of that, Photos on the other hand may sell your African hardwood as there is plenty of people above who have asked for photos but non as yet get the photos on and i wish you luck with it,  

• Like 1

I am having a hard time with photos since I got a new phone that I can't get the app on so bear with me as for prices how much would a 5.5mtr long 1 mtr wide and say inch and half thick of Oak cost so bearing in mind how rare this timber is I don't think £800 is expensive but hey ,so hopefully there are now some photos of the Black limba and Utile ,all I am trying to do do is put some of this stunning timber with makers who will make something cool with it ,help a friend and maybe make some cash 

20210628_143747.jpg

20210628_143812.jpg

20210623_160203.jpg

20210617_154233.jpg

20210617_154347.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gobbypunk said:

I am having a hard time with photos since I got a new phone that I can't get the app on so bear with me as for prices how much would a 5.5mtr long 1 mtr wide and say inch and half thick of Oak cost so bearing in mind how rare this timber is I don't think £800 is expensive but hey ,so hopefully there are now some photos of the Black limba and Utile ,all I am trying to do do is put some of this stunning timber with makers who will make something cool with it ,help a friend and maybe make some cash 

20210628_143747.jpg

20210628_143812.jpg

20210623_160203.jpg

20210617_154233.jpg

20210617_154347.jpg

Nice boards, nice bured Oak of that size 5,5mtr x 1 mtr i would think you could sell for the same price ? others may say different ? I think you and me are in a simulare situation at present, i am dealing with a late elderly relatives estate at the moment and i have a house full of old brown furniture that will be from the late 1800s early 1900s and its worth next to nothing, Why because its not fashionable at the moment and prices have fallen by 80% in last 10yrs so thats tough shit for use, your timber is very simular not fashionable and out of favour as compared to 30-40yrs ago, i suppose your timber is a bit on the lines of Ivory,,  people have now woken up to the destruction that has been caused and is still being done ileagally both with timber and Ivory so people dont want to buy it and encorage more destruction, these are just my thoughts personally i would be doing a bit of homework on this timber as some will now be illeagal i would find a simular timber that is leagal and still imported and be calling it that and not what it is ? price wise i would be looking in to as well as your original price is around the 4k a cube ?

• Like 2

Nice boards, nice bured Oak of that size 5,5mtr x 1 mtr i would think you could sell for the same price ? others may say different ?

5.5m x 1m x 1.5” for £850-£1000 for U.K. Burr Oak? After planning maybe 1” thick? Damn, I’ll have to get some of that action! [emoji16]

5 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

5.5m x 1m x 1.5” for £850-£1000 for U.K. Burr Oak? After planning maybe 1” thick? Damn, I’ll have to get some of that action! emoji16.png

That is why they have not sold any. 

Edited by topchippyles
  • Haha 1