African Hardwood for sale

gobbypunk

4 hours ago, MattyF said:

Probs should not post this but I'm not surprised it's not got much interest .... I'm not a cabinet maker or owt but I'd rather use any other material than non native endangered trees , native British timber has some appeal I think to folk as they can associate with it, maybe the appeal grows especially if it's been up cycled from dead , fallen or diseased or folk know the history of that particular bit of timber but using African hard woods always felt like hanging up a rhinos head or some thing to me, just does not sit well .... not having a dig or owt but that's it's appeal to me anyways......

So cutting trees down in the uk is ok and if you cut one down in africa is not 🤭There are millions and millions of trees all over africa believe it or not.

Edited by topchippyles

10 hours ago, gobbypunk said:

So nobody is interested in these big African Hardwood boards we have honestly you will not see boards like these ever again Utile 5.5mtrs long and 1mtr wide ,Black Limba and a whole load of other species I will take £850 for the giant boards PM if anyone is interested honestly all you cabinet makers you dont want  to miss  out we also have 4mm and 6mm void less plywood ideal for cladding again PM for prices .

Thanks Mark

What I always found with selling wood is not many will buy to use for later - people buy when they need it to go straight into a project.

Also need some pics! 

50 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

So cutting trees down in the uk is ok and if you cut one down in africa is not 🤭There are millions and millions of trees all over africa believe it or not.

There is a lot of regulations in regard to what Trees can and cannot be cut down in the UK. TPO's Felling licences etc. You simply cannot go around felling trees, especially endangered trees in complete disregard for the environment and the species. 

There might well be millions and million of trees in Africa but the destruction of entire ecosystems over there to feed our whims is rampant. 

Now Im not saying Id not buy one of these slabs if I had a use for one but Im equally sure that if I did Id not be be getting a certificate to show its not been felled in compliance for any regard for the environment. Im sure you're not as naïve as this either. 

People should not be mocked by the likes of yourself for caring about the worlds ecosystem nor the huge carbon footprint of shipping Timber all over the World.

Anyway, looking for ward to seeing the pictures Black Limba looks stunning. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

There is a lot of regulations in regard to what Trees can and cannot be cut down in the UK. TPO's Felling licences etc. You simply cannot go around felling trees, especially endangered trees in complete disregard for the environment and the species. 

There might well be millions and million of trees in Africa but the destruction of entire ecosystems over there to feed our whims is rampant. 

Now Im not saying Id not buy one of these slabs if I had a use for one but Im equally sure that if I did Id not be be getting a certificate to show its not been felled in compliance for any regard for the environment. Im sure you're not as naïve as this either. 

People should not be mocked by the likes of yourself for caring about the worlds ecosystem nor the huge carbon footprint of shipping Timber all over the World.

Anyway, looking for ward to seeing the pictures Black Limba looks stunning. 

For all you know those trees could have been dying or felled in a managed way . There you go again assuming you know everything. 

Just now, topchippyles said:

For all you know those trees could have been dying or felled in a managed way . There you go again assuming you know everything. 

I covered this Leslie when I mentioned any kind of certificate or paper trail. If there is no paperwork then you simply do not know. Anyone who feels strongly about the environment would then be unable to make an informed decision if there was no paperwork. If there is then great. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

I covered this Leslie when I mentioned any kind of certificate or paper trail. If there is no paperwork then you simply do not know. Anyone who feels strongly about the environment would then be unable to make an informed decision if there was no paperwork. If there is then great. :)

How many pieces of paper work do you have with all that oak you mill ? None i doubt. Nothing wrong with caring about the environment but the slabs mark has could be decades old for all we know. 

How many pieces of paper work do you have with all that oak you mill ? None i doubt. Nothing wrong with caring about the environment but the slabs mark has could be decades old for all we know. 

I can provide a copy of the felling license for all the timber I sell. :) I could even drive the customer, or walk if they prefer, to the very estate where they where extracted.

So this is getting mad I do not have much paper work but my friend has been milling and importing African Hardwood for 40/50 yrs If anyone does buy any I will put my business name on anything you want most of this timber has been air dry in the same warehouse for 30yrs or more as you can see the import date printed on the stacks also my friend has supplied some quite prestigious places and even though I dont thi k I need to proove myself I will ask his permission to name a few ,sorry I didnt post any photos was just in a rush ,I will try and post some pics asap I hope this helps a bit

Cheers Mark

• Like 1