Another dodgy machine

Jack.P

15 hours ago, Jack.P said:

Alright mush, it’s a 91 Stihl which I think is 40cc .came with a tree cutting blade but never came out the box as underpowered even for a line .i only run 2.4mm and struggles after a while in thick grass /weeds .its alright for the first half an hour usually ,when it first starts the idle speed is fine then after the 30mins it will be going at full speed lol making holes in the lawn

2.4mm is quite thick line for the lack of power on that machine. Cc is the wrong thing to be looking at anyway it’s hp that’s important. I run 2.7mm  on the 410 which is41cc at just under 3hp I think. It’s no good blaming the machine when you are using it for the wrong job/ expecting too much out of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack.P said:

Only trying to cut 4ft  grass with it .regret selling my old 55cc echo ,I had 3 Strimmers at the time and was given it for nothing 

4ft grass will be trying to wrap itself around the strummer head slowing it down. You say only but it’s far too much for a mid range not very powerful machine. Try using the blade that comes with it. It will probably work better than line on long grass

Edited by Richard 1234
  • Like 1

I use 3mm nylium starling on a large Echo strimmer, forget the number offhand but also on a KM56 with no bother. Just got to learn to work the machine within its limitations. Tomorrow tackling 3/4 acre that has been left for 2 years since were last there. Supposed to be formal gardens and house up for sale soon so now they want it looking nice again. Had it looking 80%there after reclaiming it from a jungle before. Customers eh?!

I use 3mm nylium starling on a large Echo strimmer, forget the number offhand but also on a KM56 with no bother. Just got to learn to work the machine within its limitations. Tomorrow tackling 3/4 acre that has been left for 2 years since were last there. Supposed to be formal gardens and house up for sale soon so now they want it looking nice again. Had it looking 80%there after reclaiming it from a jungle before. Customers eh?!

Customers eh?! They don't seem to understand that a little light maintenance now and again is actually cheaper than leaving things a few years until it's a massive job. Frustrating as hell sometimes but they keep us in pocket money at least!