Stihl ms400

woodwizzard

We've had two for the last 13 months. One full time cutting 5 days a week and one used a few days a week in between extracting. Neither has had any issues. 

Cracking saws with a 16/18 inch bar.  

Possibly a bit thirstier than a 560. 

I rarely pick up my 462 now. Will be getting another no question. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MattyF said:

Love mine , strangely though I didn't really like it for the first 6-8 months as I'm so used to 560's the balance felt off but now I would not pick up anything else , despite my 400 been the unluckiest saw I've owned... ran over , trees rolled off a high stump for the excavator to get hold off last week in a unexpected direction and crushed it ... still working though !!

Only had the 400 in the shop for being run over dropped etc(2 or 3). One lad had his 4 weeks before it came in. If we replaced fuel tank, av's body etc, plus the service charge. It was only £30 more for a new one. Pretty much everything got crushed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hi i used one for a day a couple of months back in some 20 - 30" Sycamore, and all i can say about is that i was very impressed with it, it was fitted with a 20" bar and it felt very well balanced, throttle responce was good and it seemed to deliver plenty of power, TBH i really enjoyed using it for the day and as now i am getting older it felt a bit lighter than the 461 i would use all day dropping hardwoods and the 400 did not seem that fare behind the 461 if any, infact i have considered getting rid of 2 461s and getting a 400, I dont think you will be dissapointed,,,,,

• Like 2