Hi guys, to all of those involved... I need a new sub 50cc saw,  for sneddung, thinning and section felling and firewood, above it is a efco 156,162, 199 for proper trees. 

Not really into stihl or husqvarna... Both seem to have lost there way.... 

So can we have a quick cutter, with grunt, lightweight but powerful,  not stupidly heavy either... Does that exist? 

Sitting around the 350, 55, 42  range but not as heavy as stihl 241  cm. 

These are the saws, makita 5121, tanaka 3801, echo 420 and makita dcs 4300....

All of them bar the 5121 are same cc. 

Thanks in advance 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tree monkey 1682 said:

Hi guys, to all of those involved... I need a new sub 50cc saw,  for sneddung, thinning and section felling and firewood, above it is a efco 156,162, 199 for proper trees. 

Not really into stihl or husqvarna... Both seem to have lost there way.... 

So can we have a quick cutter, with grunt, lightweight but powerful,  not stupidly heavy either... Does that exist? 

Sitting around the 350, 55, 42  range but not as heavy as stihl 241  cm. 

These are the saws, makita 5121, tanaka 3801, echo 420 and makita dcs 4300....

All of them bar the 5121 are same cc. 

Thanks in advance 

I agree I think Stihl and husqvarna have lost there way to. All about making to much profit and not getting the same quality build what will last I don’t think you get your moneys worth any more I feel as tho your holding a toy. But that’s my opinion. there just not the same anymore a lot of the technology is great but they just don’t last. I think the old saws what stihl and husqvarna made was built to last they was quality I love the second series husqvarnas but everyone has a preference and opinion ppl will say there to heavy but I get on with them I use them for climbing blocking big wood down. I’m 5ft 4 short arse but can get the job done with them lmao 🤣. But as for the saws you have mentioned I have never used them so I couldn’t have a say on that. But there must be some other saw manufacturers out there now what should stand toe to toe with the big boys but that’s me and my options. Cheers 👍 

Don't think there is that much else "modern" around

Isn't the echo 50cc model abit   dated now with rubber av?

& makita/dolmar are good atm but they are stopping all petrol saws next yr so might be worth getting one while you still can?

Efco doesn't have any  decent new saws for ages?

Will be of bad for consumer  to have only 2 companies left to dominate even more  imo...

Edited by Stere

02742452-4E7A-4C1C-B992-9AAAAE4687C8.thumb.jpeg.502f58591e56be0add49598831d10b80.jpegHad these recently,always had Husky’s until now but tried Makita/Dolmar and been really impressed,the little 4300 is a great saw on 15”b/c plenty power and fast cutting,the 6100 is equally as good,contact Shavey (Andrew)on here,he’s a great bloke to deal with,think you’d be surprised how good they are 

• Like 2