Cubic mtrs into board feet

gobbypunk

3 hours ago, gobbypunk said:

Hi so is there a calculation to turn cubic feet /meters into board feet in order to price a board if so someone please tell me .

Thanks  Mark 

Why sell in board feet?  That is usual in America but not the UK.

How about calculate the volume of each board and then multiply by price per cubic foot or cubic metre?  If board is 2.5 metres long and 50mm thick and 250mm wide then it is 0.01325 cubic metres so if you charge £800 per cubic metre the cost is £25.  

Or if you prefer, use inches and cubic feet which I think is easier.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gobbypunk said:

Hi so another pricing question where do the prices come from how do I know how much to charge for say spalted beech

Think of a number then add 20% vat tell buyer, if they say yes too cheap , next time think of a bigger number and try again

• Like 1

On 29/06/2021 at 12:30, gobbypunk said:

Hi so is there a calculation to turn cubic feet /meters into board feet in order to price a board if so someone please tell me

Cubic feet / 12 = board feet.

So 1 ft³ is 12 board ft.

If you are working on prices, £8/board ft (*12) equals £96 ft³.

Or you take the cubic ft price and divide by 12 to give a board ft price.

7 hours ago, muttley9050 said:
On 06/07/2021 at 14:46, trigger_andy said:
Just now I’m £8 a board foot for Air dried oak.

That is strong money. Need to put my prices up

Same with Elm if they’re nicely figured. £6 for plain Oak and Elm. Almost all the oak I get is “brown oak” though. 

Same with Elm if they’re nicely figured. £6 for plain Oak and Elm. Almost all the oak I get is “brown oak” though. 

You must sell to a different market to me as most of what I sell, brown wouldn't be suitable. Just worked out im about 4 or £5 a board ft for oak. Not that I've ever worked out board ft before. Silly measurement for structural timber.