I CO

gobbypunk

Its the principal not the amount did we all agree to this No we didnt ,we dont get anything for our 40 quid its taking the Piss you can look up all sorts of my personal data at companies house no not happy we need a revolution a new way of doing things the one we have at the just aint that good

8 hours ago, gobbypunk said:

Its the principal not the amount did we all agree to this No we didnt ,we dont get anything for our 40 quid its taking the Piss you can look up all sorts of my personal data at companies house no not happy we need a revolution a new way of doing things the one we have at the just aint that good

Are you not over - reacting a bit? You live in a country in which pretty much anyone can start their own business, regardless of class, education or ability, and can try to make a go of it, largely unimpeded. There are very few hoops to jump through, and you are pretty much left to get on with it.

Anyone who is prepared to graft a bit can easily go out with a few basic tools and earn more than their accountant or bank manager. I don't see that as a bad system. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, gobbypunk said:

we dont get anything for our 40 quid its taking the Piss

Actually, you do get something for your £40 - whether you know about it, want it or think you should pay for it is quite a different issue. 

The ICO (a government QUANGO) seeks to establish and maintain a ‘register’ of all CCTV systems and data controllers nationwide. 

After an ‘incident’ has occurred, or as part of movement tracking, certain agencies can save a lot of time and footwork if they can access a list of the location of CCTV systems, system spec, data controller details maybe even IP address. 

There is a ‘product’ from the requirement to register, a very valuable and useful product, it’s just that it ain’t much use to the poor schmuck that is paying his 40 squids for it. 

They’ve ‘dressed it up’ as a ‘protection of personal data’ issue but that’s only the sugar coating on the pill of reality. 

15 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Just put £40 🦑 in an envelope an send it to me - £s, $s, sheckles, dibdobs, Bitcoin all accepted

I actually have a few shekel notes , from back when- but looks like I will have to register the trap cameras  :/  K

It's a tax and that's it and I would expect to see a lot more taxes like this coming down the line to pay off the enormous National Debt, they tax what they think they can get away with ... in the seventeenth century they taxed powering your wig, riding horses and windows. Of course if you are a House of Lords MP you don't have to pay ICO tax for a CCTV.