Oregon Tri blade

AngrySquirrel

3mm square profile line cuts pendolous sedge ok with my antique  strimmer. alot better than round line...

Also this blade is good  but my strimmer is  abit under powered for it....

51hkLw9D3rL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Oregon 2 point mulch blade made the shaft wobble & bend but good on brambles as said already the 3 point version may be better balanced...

Edited by Stere

On 22/09/2021 at 16:57, spandit said:

Do these blades fit most strimmers? I have one with a bump head and it's pretty good but I never get to bump it as tend to hit something that just snaps the line off (and it's fairly thick c.4mm stuff). Got a ditch full of pendulous sedge and although the top leaves are no match, where they get clumpy, the plastic line does little

Hi yes they come with a reducer washer also for lesser units.

Trouble with many is that they just go flat out/hell for leather when strimming and just smash cords off rather than moderating throttle control plus cord left out goes brittle as effected by UV.

You need the cup.Nut and Raised splined washer that fits over blade under the cup just check spacing under cup as it and nut is meant to flush fit on raised washer so nut is down tight on that then all Gucci!

It's Armageddon in use Bushes? where ha you mean those bits sticking out of the ground! Brambles/Thistles even thick grass it works on just have to work your best method of attack out as with grass will often ball on head if go through cut stuff.

Do like the Oregon Jet head.

These are good also 

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Universal Aluminium Line head at the best online prices at...
WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Brushcutter blade. 30cm / 12" Tri Blade Heavy Duty.

On 22/09/2021 at 19:00, spandit said:

Looking at the head of mine (Castor Power 26), it has a c.20mm square drive to the back of the bump head - haven't seen blades that will fit this, unless there's an adaptor out there

The square is the input/central parts of cord head that unbolts from main strimmer output shaft.

Have to lock it and it's a left hand thread.

On 22/09/2021 at 17:15, spandit said:

I haven't tried that but don't think it would make it cut through clumps of sedge. It's not breaking the line, just shrugging it off. I bought a Jet Fit head for my smaller strimmer but since inheriting the bigger, straight shaft one, I haven't used it

Anyone used the swing type blades?

Shape: 6 Teeth. Ice Cube Mold. Material: Manganese Steel. Height: Approx. Product Information. Sofa Cover...

There Illegal VIA H&S on those chatting to guy whose on clearance one of the guy's on Railways was killed by them as blade came a drift! as only held by "Chinese" stamped over rivets. better if replace with nuts and bolts but nothing special to be honest circles too small and like a flat tri blade just cuts then dumps on head there is some with wavey edges that could be better as needs some mulch/disturbance like Cord does or not making decent progress

42 minutes ago, AngrySquirrel said:

There Illegal VIA H&S on those chatting to guy whose on clearance one of the guy's on Railways was killed by them as blade came a drift! as only held by "Chinese" stamped over rivets. better if replace with nuts and bolts but nothing special to be honest circles too small and like a flat tri blade just cuts then dumps on head there is some with wavey edges that could be better as needs some mulch/disturbance like Cord does or not making decent progress

Since the incident with the Broggio chain heads hse stated only approved attachments should be used on brush cutter and strimmers , so technically if it is not made by the maker of the machine you shouldn’t use it

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dumper said:

Since the incident with the Broggio chain heads hse stated only approved attachments should be used on brush cutter and strimmers , so technically if it is not made by the maker of the machine you shouldn’t use it

Thing with a lot of Attachments though is most are made by A N Other supplied to Sthil/husky etc Oregon is one of them and they buy in also.

Sthil Strimmer visor/Bonce wrap with muffs is a rebadged 3M one.

I look at anything going to buy/use and much of it stays where i saw it!