Oregon Tri blade

AngrySquirrel

Anyone tried the Oregon tri blade mulching/destroying blade comes in two thicknesses 3&4mm the thing is Armageddon! bush what bush ha you mean those tiddly bits sticking out of the ground!😆 Ballistic Mayhem!

Friend was going to go with the two bladed one but i said go with the three as always better balanced and far less chance of catching things and smashing gearbox/head!

His first was WOW Fook me Nuclear

Edited by AngrySquirrel
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Commando said:

Yep cracking bit of kit and much easier on the machine than the double blade versionemoji106.png

I found the opposite, Craig. I thought the tri blade clumsy and heavy. The two blade was faster in the cut and more manageable. I had the Husqvarna and the Oregon blades.

• Like 1

I found the opposite, Craig. I thought the tri blade clumsy and heavy. The two blade was faster in the cut and more manageable. I had the Husqvarna and the Oregon blades.

That’s interesting David, have tried both on Makita MM4 and Husky 343r and have found the tri-blade seems to keep speed up and less jolts when I hit something large. I would have thought the geometry of the tri-blade much more forgiving in that respect.
I was advised same by dealer.
Thx Craig
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Commando said:

That’s interesting David, have tried both on Makita MM4 and Husky 343r and have found the tri-blade seems to keep speed up and less jolts when I hit something large. I would have thought the geometry of the tri-blade much more forgiving in that respect.
I was advised same by dealer.
Thx Craig

I've got the Husqvarna 535, Craig, only 35cc but was powerful enough when I did lots of brushcutting. I once was cutting stuff that was 3 metres high, around 5000 mtrs sq , and had been untouched for donkeys years. Found a hay cart completely covered in brambles, then 3 metres plus of that I hit an empty gas cylinder. Actually pierced the metal. First thing I knew what it was, was  the smell of gas. Blade was knocked out of true but I think I was only paying 20 euro each for the two blade. Excellent bit of kit. Thankfully all that sort of work is behind me!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, David Cropper said:

I was using it on a rolling throttle then use the momentum of the blade to destroy things rather than steaming into it on full throttle which with two blades ends up firing machine and you all over the place

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Do these blades fit most strimmers? I have one with a bump head and it's pretty good but I never get to bump it as tend to hit something that just snaps the line off (and it's fairly thick c.4mm stuff). Got a ditch full of pendulous sedge and although the top leaves are no match, where they get clumpy, the plastic line does little

10 minutes ago, spandit said:

Do these blades fit most strimmers? I have one with a bump head and it's pretty good but I never get to bump it as tend to hit something that just snaps the line off (and it's fairly thick c.4mm stuff). Got a ditch full of pendulous sedge and although the top leaves are no match, where they get clumpy, the plastic line does little

I don't like bump feed heads , much prefer Oregon Jet fit heads . have you tried soaking your line in a bucket of water over night . Its hygroscopic so absorbs water making it less brittle.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I don't like bump feed heads , much prefer Oregon Jet fit heads . have you tried soaking your line in a bucket of water over night . Its hygroscopic so absorbs water making it less brittle.

I haven't tried that but don't think it would make it cut through clumps of sedge. It's not breaking the line, just shrugging it off. I bought a Jet Fit head for my smaller strimmer but since inheriting the bigger, straight shaft one, I haven't used it

Anyone used the swing type blades?

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Shape: 6 Teeth. Ice Cube Mold. Material: Manganese Steel. Height: Approx. Product Information. Sofa Cover...

Edited by spandit

39 minutes ago, spandit said:

I haven't tried that but don't think it would make it cut through clumps of sedge. It's not breaking the line, just shrugging it off. I bought a Jet Fit head for my smaller strimmer but since inheriting the bigger, straight shaft one, I haven't used it

Anyone used the swing type blades?

Shape: 6 Teeth. Ice Cube Mold. Material: Manganese Steel. Height: Approx. Product Information. Sofa Cover...

Oregon Mulching blade ? They work well .

• Like 1