Job rates

Jack.P

Bit of a boring topic this bit for the last 2 jobs Someone pays double the billed amount but then looked at another job earlier and and was told that quote  was too much so didn’t get that one .Apparently I’m far too cheap but it’s a tricky balance between being too cheap  or being over priced .lopped a tree earlier for 100 quid for an hours work and then other times could work most of the day for the same amount. I get the feeling though that better off doing less jobs for decent money or not bothering at all with day rates /hourly rates or maybe just work a little slower and take it more leisurely on the work 

i price for the job. if it takes longer, sucks to be me. some you win some you lose.

as long as the money is coming in its good, im not out to get rich quick

occasionally i get a job done quicker and easier and its a good win.  

You won't do yourself any favours by doing jobs on the cheap. You're going to push your price down along with everyone else's and it becomes a race to the bottom. 

At the end of the day you price for the job. We aren't builders where we have big overheads for parts so can't play the whole "when I tore this out I found this was faulty" game. You price what you see and you take a gamble.

I've had jobs where I have underpriced and they paid extra. I've also had ones where I overpriced and didn't get it. Same in every industry, you take a pop shot at the price and sometimes it's right. tenor.gif.698570960d10a336144a8ebba54986f9.gif

• Like 2