Skylaunch or bigshot ?

Friends don't let friends buy Stein.

I had the tekichu launcher and voiced my experiences of it in a similar thread. I was shortly contacted by stein who suggested I could've contacted them before voicing my opinion online, and that they would send me a replacement (along with a couple of throwlines/bags etc).

That wasn't really what I was after and to cut a long story short the replacement didn't last long either. I've got a big shot w/ archery trigger now and it's great.

The current stein one may well be loads better though. 

16 hours ago, Rich Rule said:

I find Notch to be fine tbh.  The Rope Runner Pro is a delight to use.  So are the Gecko spikes.  

Which of Stein’s products are original ideas?

I was thinking arb trolley and bollards, but like you say they’re reg’s ideas really. Presumably he was working with/for them though. 

Notch geckos certainly aren’t an original idea. They released their ‘click’ version straight after distel too, just copying. Then there’s the triple attachment swivel pulley, almost identical to rock exotica. Their carabiner gates are amazingly similar to dmm’s now, and their new rigging pulley looks like it’s trying to be an impact block. 
The rr pro looks good, really it was an idea they bought though. 

• 9 months later...
2 minutes ago, hamilton32 said:

Anyone know if I can just put the head on my wolf garten multitool of either skylaunch or big shot and it'll do the trick seems silly to have loads of poles when I already have a long pole? It's true, ask the mrs.

Don't do it. The recommend poles are reinforced. It could shatter with nasty consequences.

It's why jameson have the yellow poles for the big shot and the green poles just for tools.

11 minutes ago, hamilton32 said:

Anyone know if I can just put the head on my wolf garten multitool of either skylaunch or big shot and it'll do the trick seems silly to have loads of poles when I already have a long pole? It's true, ask the mrs.

4 minutes ago, Mark_Skyland said:

Don't do it. The recommend poles are reinforced. It could shatter with nasty consequences.

It's why jameson have the yellow poles for the big shot and the green poles just for tools.

This. Mark beat me to it.

I reckon a few decent shots would see you eating fibreglass

@Mark_Skyland do you stock the jameson green ones?