Advice on tipper back for Nissan navara.

T.N

Hi gents, it's my first post so go easy. 

I've spotted a Nissan navara with a tipper back that I'm going to buy. I asked for pics of the back tipper so I can see if it's all alright under there. I noticed that the location of the arm seem really far back to what I've seen. Does this look right or wrong to you? I'm worried it's a custome job gone wrong and will cost me a ton of money to fix. Also I a bit skeptical that I will be able to even work properly with a load of chip in there. Advice please. Vehicle is pretty expensive so I would rather say no now and wait for the right vehicle. 

Not the back lifting arm is behind the read wheels. 

The vehicle in question is the green one. I've added a pic of another from the net (red one) to show what I thought the back should be like. 

I was ment to put a deposit down today but figured is ask you guys first. 

Regards 

IMG_1241.jpg

IMG_1240.jpg

IMG_1244.jpg

Screenshot_20210621_155737_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210621_155042_com.android.chrome.jpg

@dumper

I don't fully understand what you are saying because I haven't a clue about vehicles. So you think this is a bad setup? I've seen it work and seems alright. Also the chassis has been braced and well I may add by what I've been told or seen in pics. 

I wouldn't really be over loading it as I'd be worried about as you say breaking it. 

Regards 

The answer is how many times have you seen a set up like this, my money is they only had a short ram so made it fit, I would guess the tipper works very quickly give the small amount of ram travel 

test it put a builders bag full of sand at the cab end see if it tips the strain on the body and hydraulics must be incredible

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dumper said:

Looking at the picture it looks like the ram is braced of the rear cross member ,navaras are not known for there chassis strength

the ram needs to be much further forward like in the pictures

see what others say I could be wrong 

I don't think it was this year with the chocolate chassis was it?

Is it cheap enough to still be cheap if at worst case you had to throw a couple of grand for a new body if it all goes south? If not walk away. There will be another along shortly. 4x4 tipper get a hard life, I would also look at non tippers and get a body built.

ive just found it on eBay, the state of the drivers seat compared to the mileage I would say it’s had a hard life.

• Like 1