Advice about Acer saccharinum laciniatum

StephanieFreeman

Question

Hi I wonder if anyone can assist. I have a new housing development being built next to me and in the planning application which i can comment on they have said they are planting an Acer saccharinum laciniatum 425-600cm 14-16cm Extra Heavy Standard. This is being planted within 1m of my concrete retaining wall, approx 4 meters from my house and 3 metres from my drainage system.

Am I correct in thinking this tree grows fast to over 20m in width and height and can be a problem if planted close to sewers, houses, concrete structures etc

Any advice would be helpful in terms of how far from houses, retaining walls  etc these trees should be planted

Edited by StephanieFreeman
need more info

They are building bungalows and this tree will go at the top of one of the bungalow’s garden and I think the idea is they want it to block out the view of my house so you can see from this photo it’s this corner they want to plant it along with 19 rhododendrons and 56 prunus Lusitanica plus 3 thuja conifers 12 camellia bushes - I think it will look like a jungle see attached plan and photo 

92B4500C-10DD-40B0-B52F-A6294B4C081B.jpeg

B37918D1-85DA-4E30-9F6D-FDAFA3860905.png