Tree swing

woody paul

I know it’s ridiculous, but be aware of insurance implications.

Guy on American forum I’m on put one up and a couple of years later a guest at the clients house broke their back on it somehow, tried to sue him for everything he had.

Got really intense. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stere said:

Just googled and some are pricey for a plank of wood and some rope 😄😬

Find your Oak & Rope Large Personalised Swing online at Trotters; purveyors of children's clothes, footwear and...

This time next year they will be millionaire. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Xenogenesis said:

I was searching for a long time for the best swing for my kids. First I wanted to buy an already built one. But they were too expensive for me. So, I tried to make one by myself. It was very hard. I was searching a lot for the necessary materials. In the end, I decided to opt for a tree swing, and I found the best offer on https://www.growgardener.com/best-rope-for-tree-swing/. I ordered it from there, and they delivered it in around 48 hours. I am delighted with it because I installed it in approximately 40 minutes. My kids are happy.

Haha, you need a better copywriter. 

• Like 1

Wow, things have got crazy on the swing front as well nowadays. I had no idea it could be made so expensive or complicated. Not surprised that people could be so litigious about it all though unfortunately.

When I was a young'un we made a massive swing in the woods. It was from a beech tree on a steep slope so at full extent of the swing we must have been 20 or 30 foot off the ground. The seat was a 2inch diameter hazel stick and the rope was a length of dirty old 12mm blue polyprop! We used to change the stick every year or so when it got brittle. Happy days.

I have to admit that I'd be nervous seeing my young son on such a construction now, but I reckon what's good enough for me will be good enough for him. Obviously it would be a completely different kettle of fish if the swing was for someone else. Not sure if I'd even be brave enough to bother to be honest.

8 minutes ago, sime42 said:

Wow, things have got crazy on the swing front as well nowadays. I had no idea it could be made so expensive or complicated. Not surprised that people could be so litigious about it all though unfortunately.

When I was a young'un we made a massive swing in the woods. It was from a beech tree on a steep slope so at full extent of the swing we must have been 20 or 30 foot off the ground. The seat was a 2inch diameter hazel stick and the rope was a length of dirty old 12mm blue polyprop! We used to change the stick every year or so when it got brittle. Happy days.

I have to admit that I'd be nervous seeing my young son on such a construction now, but I reckon what's good enough for me will be good enough for him. Obviously it would be a completely different kettle of fish if the swing was for someone else. Not sure if I'd even be brave enough to bother to be honest.

I remember a zip line consisting of blue poly rope, a tall oak tree and a pair of BMX handlebars with a gap cut in the brace bar to let you thread it over the rope. It's a miracle nobody died!