Lanyard in to cut on twin rope ?

1 hour ago, Paddy1000111 said:

I think sometimes its easier to not have a lanyard on, especially when doing an awkward rig where you have to "dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge" as they say in dodgeball 

I'd never be without one, it'd be like leaving the house with no trousers ! I have a basic little one for conifers and such like. But the pride of the fleet is my 8m poison ivy double ended, hitchclimber on each side, dmm shadow and ultra O biners, with a thimble loop on the long end, f&&&&&g sexy bit of kit ! If I'm climbing srwp and mrs, then my other rope wrench is with me in case I need to really hang on it for a position. To be fair, that never happens with the twin rope, but I like to be ready !

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rob Thompson said:

I'd never be without one, it'd be like leaving the house with no trousers ! I have a basic little one for conifers and such like. But the pride of the fleet is my 8m poison ivy double ended, hitchclimber on each side, dmm shadow and ultra O biners, with a thimble loop on the long end, f&&&&&g sexy bit of kit ! If I'm climbing srwp and mrs, then my other rope wrench is with me in case I need to really hang on it for a position. To be fair, that never happens with the twin rope, but I like to be ready !

Sounds like a nice bit of kit 👌 when I said about no lanyard I meant not having it on a branch, I'd never climb without one 👍

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:
36 minutes ago, 5thelement said:
Both LANTRA and NPTC Instruct/Assess to TG1.

Yeah I guess they do now, what I meant was NPTC started training two rope before TG1 was released.

NPTC don’t do the training, they do the assessments.

I do remember that NPTC emailed all aerial Assessors stating that they would have to assess all climbing units using two ropes with immediate affect. 
The email came mid climbing course for some candidates.

Instructors had to think on their feet and adjust the training to meet the new/vague criteria, it was months before the final TG1 was released.

Edited by 5thelement