Bar using boring ply and fake oak worktops but turned out ok

Mark armstrong

1 minute ago, eggsarascal said:

John Dytch was Dartline, he moved down the cut to Stourbridge in the mid nineties. Don't know if he's still about.

Spot on timing wise eggs and he would be a fair old age now and loved a beer. You lived or worked around that area eggs or just a small world on the waterways. Dartline rings a big bell and he was in partnership with another john who seemed the brains 

1 minute ago, topchippyles said:

Spot on timing wise eggs and he would be a fair old age now and loved a beer. You lived or worked around that area eggs or just a small world on the waterways. Dartline rings a big bell and he was in partnership with another john who seemed the brains 

Born n breed in Stoke and had a boat in Penkridge, Dytch was a boat builder, the other John, who's surname evades me was a business man that handled the sales and set up the hire fleet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Born n breed in Stoke and had a boat in Penkridge, Dytch was a boat builder, the other John, who's surname evades me was a business man that handled the sales and set up the hire fleet.

Spot on and always in the office.The boat yard was right on the lock and amazing place to work during the summer .Only time that other john would get involved would be on a saturday morning when hire fleet needed a small job doing before it could go out on hire, Stuck hatch or lock needed sorting.Small world eggs

Edited by topchippyles

57 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

First rule of thumb forget your spirit level mark and 90% is scribing stuff.Really enjoyable work mind 

Haha aye mate it's on a dry dock but it's definitely not level anyway can't wait to start it cause a can roll out of bed and walk to it in 5 min haha scribing is a doddle anyway buddy like a say shouldn't be too hard it's going on the thems once where finished with it just for a base for the owner when they pop to see there kids 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark armstrong said:

Haha aye mate it's on a dry dock but it's definitely not level anyway can't wait to start it cause a can roll out of bed and walk to it in 5 min haha scribing is a doddle anyway buddy like a say shouldn't be too hard it's going on the thems once where finished with it just for a base for the owner when they pop to see there kids 

Double bedroom right on the front bow was my favourite and a mini king size bed. Slept on the boat for a few nights to as went on the piss with the boss 🤣

10 minutes ago, Mark armstrong said:

I'll send you some plans for my next van build when I've sorted them, if you are interested?

5 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Double bedroom right on the front bow was my favourite and a mini king size bed. Slept on the boat for a few nights to as went on the piss with the boss 🤣

This is getting a double on the bow with onsuite then the plan was another bathroom then another bedroom but think there just gonna have the one bathroom now then the kitchen/dining as soon as you step down into the boat the area you can see in the pic 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Spot on and always in the office.The boat yard was right on the lock and amazing place to work during the summer .Only time that other john would get involved would be on a saturday morning when hire fleet needed a small job doing before it could go out on hire, Stuck hatch or lock needed sorting.Small world eggs

John Rowbottom? 

9 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I'll send you some plans for my next van build when I've sorted them, if you are interested?

A got asked to do 2 old ambulance a few weeks ago but nocked them back as got too much on and no space to put them haha 

Edited by Mark armstrong
To instead of no