Running a Bussiness from home.

On 12/06/2021 at 11:42, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

That is BRILLIANT! Love it 😂

Don’t tell ‘em your name Pike!

So what? So a bloke parks a couple of work vehicles at his home address.... sign written, sprinkled with fairy dust and painted fluorescent orange, so what?

Bloke in the next village parks a Western Power 4x4 on his drive - doesn’t mean he’s secretly coordinating the SW England strategic power network from a clandestine  loft conversion, just means he’s lawfully parking an insured, taxed and roadworthy work vehicle either on the public highway or at his place of residence after he’s finished work. 

Small business is being CRUSHED by officialdom!  These people are the true, unsung heroes, the last rebels of the wild frontier,  in an increasingly office bound, add no value, compliant population of docile white collar mongs that bow down to ‘authority’ in what ever misguided / misapplied form it may take we should recognise, value, rally to support and defend the right of a working man to place bread on the table. 

Don’t fear the ‘pig’ because it may enjoy rolling in shit (at tax payers’ expense.)  If the pig comes knocking, lather yourself in shit grab the pig by the neck and pull it into the shitpool!

Excellent rant!

• Haha 1

I had this very issue a few years ago. Planning enforcement officer turned up with cliched clipboard.

We were getting the rear of the house roof reslated, the roofer had left spare scaffolding on the front lawn, this was obvoiusly too much for a local curtain twitcher who had seen my 2.5 tonner on the drive most evenings and had heard the occasional chainsaw round the back, put 2 and 2 together and got about 5 million.

I brought the planner in to the house, offered him a cuppa, showed him the wood burning stove, explained it ate about 5 tonnes a year, took him out the back and showed him the woodstore and the chopping block, showed him the 12 x 8 store where I kept my gear. Explained the only cutting on site was done for personal use.

I'd swear he ticked a box on the clipboard, but we agreed (well, he didn't disagree) that it was some complainant nearby with f&*% all else to do with their time but make spurious complaints, he never came back, I never heard anything more. I'd say that because he got the honest approach and guided tour he was on my side in the end.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Perhaps you should check your property deeds before getting to clever with the council. I know of a couple of people local to me that have a covenant written into their title deeds forbidding the running of a business from it, the other has something similar regarding parking commercial vehicles (work vans) on his close.

• Like 1