Running a Bussiness from home.

1 minute ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Can’t remember all of it but I do know it always includes 666 - beastly devil womanthing!

Obvs only a 66(6) willl do the job must watch Exorcist as just bought it fro charity shop, cracking filim. K

3 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Horrible film! Similar those Damien films - only good part of them was the Rottweilers!

But a seminal moment in filmmaking regardless, just makin sure you move yr stuff in old lady wicker basket bicycle, and dont tell them yr name 😆 K

24 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Never, ever ‘talk to’ someone who wants to pull your pants down (stand fast Saturday night down Union Street with a classy Janner girl!)

They have ‘got’ what they have got by way of info and detail UNLESS you give them something more. 

(a) you’ve absolutely NOTHING to gain by acknowledging their enquiry - especially as Huck says above. If they have anything to substantiate a complaint / attempt an enforcement they already have it and should disclose it to you. All you will do by engaging them is give them more. 

(b) why do people automatically assume a letter from an ‘authority’ requires them to acquiesce with the provision of time? Time equals money, matey from LA is on the clock and being paid whilst he expects you to meet him for free - not even free, it’s at a loss to you since it’s time you could be earning. 

I’d possibly be prepared to consider a compromise - to a very limited degree - as Les says. Send him an email and tell him he can reach you by phone between x o’clock and y o’clock on z day where you can spare him a couple of minutes from your busy on-site work schedule to receive the full details of the complaint (which should have been stated in the letter previously sent) and to consider answering (without any obligation or commitment) specific questions and he may have.  

Another option (if a member of FSB or covered by home legal protection) invite him to send any future correspondence via your legal representative. 

A whopping big chip pile on the front drive should help too - there is no law, statute or regulation which precludes you from top dressing your flower beds 😂

is that a free tip site

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

All of those saying running a business from home is ok, would you want to see that lot plus a JCB Loadall parked over the road from your place, and the coming and going of lads each end of the day? I very much doubt it.

It may not be ‘pretty’ Egger, and of course yome right it may be perceived as lowering the tone of the adjacent des res s s s, and that is one (understandable) POV, but that’s all it is, a POV.   

Another POV might be, perhaps the LA might be better served seeking out someone that has actually contravened a law - maybe a benefit thief, a fly tipper or a TPO breach for example. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

All of those saying running a business from home is ok, would you want to see that lot plus a JCB Loadall parked over the road from your place, and the coming and going of lads each end of the day? I very much doubt it.

Neighbours do not have any say in what the place looks like and  the enforcement officer's letter is not concerned about the look. He says there may be a change of use. Use classes are apparently changing but the effect will be similar, homes were class C. Commercial was divided into B1 offices and things that can be done in residential districts B2 light industrial but I suspect they are looking at B8 storage of material and equipment in the open and this has nothing to do with whether the vehicles are taxed, insured or roadworthy etc.

Also I suspect A1 premises where the public visit for a service

15 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

Neighbours do not have any say in what the place looks like and  the enforcement officer's letter is not concerned about the look. He says there may be a change of use. Use classes are apparently changing but the effect will be similar, homes were class C. Commercial was divided into B1 offices and things that can be done in residential districts B2 light industrial but I suspect they are looking at B8 storage of material and equipment in the open and this has nothing to do with whether the vehicles are taxed, insured or roadworthy etc.

Also I suspect A1 premises where the public visit for a service

Only issue he may have will be the jcb and that is doubtful. Wales and england have different rules 

Edited by topchippyles