Running a Bussiness from home.

Thanks for the in put Men, i have made an appt for next week for them to visit, i will carry on as normal insted of hiding everything and standing there saying " look nothing is kept here" and see how we go. All the trucks and jcb are fully road legal and ligit so i could give them the option of seeing a clear drive however park on the road. I am hoping not to go down that route! 

We do quite alot of work for our local council and i do not intend on piss them off... I will keep you updated mid week.. You never know they might do a full review in to out council tax band and save us a few quid lol...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, skyhuck said:

Not in my experience.

Years ago they got onto me about me running a business from home, said the timber I had stacked in the field was not "agricultural" etc.They wrote to me and then rang me asking me to write to them explaining myself. I declined. I asked her if the timber looked a mess and was it not the sort of thing you expect to see in the countryside. She agreed it looked ok and yes it fitted in. I pointed out I was not storing old fridges or scrap cars. She asked me to drop her a line to that effect. I decided. She asked why. I said "if I write to you, you will open a file with my name on it and it will all begin, but feel free to give me a bell any time"

A month later I got a letter saying they were taking no further action at this time.

Never, ever ‘talk to’ someone who wants to pull your pants down (stand fast Saturday night down Union Street with a classy Janner girl!)

They have ‘got’ what they have got by way of info and detail UNLESS you give them something more. 

(a) you’ve absolutely NOTHING to gain by acknowledging their enquiry - especially as Huck says above. If they have anything to substantiate a complaint / attempt an enforcement they already have it and should disclose it to you. All you will do by engaging them is give them more. 

(b) why do people automatically assume a letter from an ‘authority’ requires them to acquiesce with the provision of time? Time equals money, matey from LA is on the clock and being paid whilst he expects you to meet him for free - not even free, it’s at a loss to you since it’s time you could be earning. 

I’d possibly be prepared to consider a compromise - to a very limited degree - as Les says. Send him an email and tell him he can reach you by phone between x o’clock and y o’clock on z day where you can spare him a couple of minutes from your busy on-site work schedule to receive the full details of the complaint (which should have been stated in the letter previously sent) and to consider answering (without any obligation or commitment) specific questions and he may have.  

Another option (if a member of FSB or covered by home legal protection) invite him to send any future correspondence via your legal representative. 

A whopping big chip pile on the front drive should help too - there is no law, statute or regulation which precludes you from top dressing your flower beds 😂

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Khriss said:

A  considered and erudite explanation Kev, now, have you got her number as i stopped paying attention after that  😉 K

Can’t remember all of it but I do know it always includes 666 (and a dose of the crabs)  beastly devil womanthing!

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe
  • Haha 1