Running a Bussiness from home.

6 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

If you ask what ‘they’ think is acceptable you are immediately conceding that ‘they’ have some form of ‘authority’ to express (and potentially enforce) an opinion.

‘They’ have absolutely no ‘authority’ to dictate how many vehicles a man may park at his place of residence. 

There are already ‘laws’ in effect which defined what may ‘legally’ be used (including parking) on a public highway and regulations as to the avoidance of nuisance or obstruction of said highway. 

The is nothing, so far as I’m aware, that defines the number of vehicles someone might own and use.  

Maybe not, my mate had this run in with the council and backed down. It wasn't about him having more than one work van at home, it was because lads who worked for him would rock up, leave their own motors on his driveway or in the road then get in his vans. That was enough, apparently, to consider he was running a business from his house. 

In the OP's case I'd guess the loadall won't go in his favour.

Edited by eggsarascal

1 minute ago, Khriss said:

Someone take Kev down to the seafront, that G7 nonsense needs sorting out pronto, yr clearly on one this morning 😉 K

You can’t move for Rozzers in Kernow at moment K! Weme miles away and they’re EVERYWHERE!  

A car was pulled over and all occupants arrested for ‘suspicion of going equipped and suspicion of intent to cause a public nuisance’ because they had paint, flares and loud halers in the boot!

Thinking twice about that trip to B&Q this afternoon......

• Haha 2

Is it not likely the case that the council have had a trivial complaint from one of their 'customers' (as ours insist on calling people subjected to them) and will go through the motions of appearing to respond.

They'd need a full time department to deal with every case. Every other house has work vehicles parked at it, including NHS (sometimes tractors), Fire, Ambulance, Power, Water and yes, council vehicles too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

it was because lads who worked for him would rock up, leave their own motors on his driveway or in the road then get in his vans. That was enough, apparently, to consider he was running a business from his house. 

In the OP's case I'd guess the loadall won't go in his favour.

Egger, in ‘modern parlance’ that is called car sharing / car pooling. 

Many LAs and large corp’s actuallyENCOURAGE / INCENTIVISE  such activities as part of a carbon reduction/ traffic management plan. 

It’s just a case of playing ‘em back at their own game!

They don’t like it up ‘em! (Bloody auto correct!)

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ds Tree services said:

Got the council on my back as they have received a complaint regarding a unauthorised change of use - Business from home and they need to come out to visit to determine whether i am in breach of planning.

Has anyone been in a simlor situation? I just park 2 vans and a loadall on the drive and keep abit of kit in the garage most of my bigger kit is in a lock up, no wase comes back as i have a yard. 

What are they likely to ask?  Surely every self employed plumber, sparkey ect ect run the same.

Any help would be much appreciated?

Regards Dan

Did they write to you?

Would you share the letter (redacted)?

Be interesting to see the tone and content. 

Arrange for them to visit midday, midweek when you’re out on a job. 

If they turn up, you’ll be out at work....

No case to answer M’Lud....

7 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Egger, in ‘modern parlance’ that is called car sharing / car pooling. 

Many LAs and large corp’s actuallyENCOURAGE / INCENTIVISE  such activities as part of a carbon reduction/ traffic management plan. 

It’s just a case of playing ‘em back at their own game!

They don’t like it up ‘em! (Bloody auto correct!)

How's it car sharing if two or three lads have rocked up to a place of work to collect work vehicles?

A complaint can't be without merit, councils are not adverse to folk running a business from home but they do have to act when receiving complaints. If on inspection the complaint is found to be a scrotums contents, you won't hear any more from them.

Bob

• Like 2