Stihl recall

adw

2 hours ago, spudulike said:

Bloody stone cutters, detonation is the best thing for them, destroy themselves in a puff of stone dust.

I don't understand your comment, how else would you cut stone ? it's just a chainsaw with a different cutting tool.

Mine gets used every other day and I'm very grateful for it's existence.

If I had to guess I'd imagine you get asked to fix endless TS 400's owned and completely fecked by mechanically inept and clueless builders.. in which case I sympathise and totally agree with you. 😁

Well....saws deposit greasy oily chip all over your workshop and tools as few arb types clean their saws regularly. Stone cutters deposit fine gritty dust over everything which is much worse and it takes forever to clean up plus stone cutters are cleaned even less and they always have shot main bearings and bores. 

I have a dislike of working on them, especially the knackered ones!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, spudulike said:

Well....saws deposit greasy oily chip all over your workshop and tools as few arb types clean their saws regularly. Stone cutters deposit fine gritty dust over everything which is much worse and it takes forever to clean up plus stone cutters are cleaned even less and they always have shot main bearings and bores. 

I have a dislike of working on them, especially the knackered ones!!

Never took you as a pussy spud afraid of a little dirt 🤣

• Sad 1

I've repaired a couple of TS 410 machines, reluctantly. The chaps who used them were not who paid for them so were not too concerned with their welfare to say the least. Concrete dust kills them, if they were blown down occasionally and the filters changed they might last a bit longer and don't allow any neat petrol on the van it will get poured into the saw and used till it seizes then all knowledge of it will be denied.

This is why the Husqvarna K770 oil guard is by far the best power cutter in the market, put neat fuel/diesel/paraffine/wrong oil, and it goes into limp mode, so no damage to the cylinders or bearings, compensator carb that works, and large paper filter, if not tampered with will run until it becomes completely blocked un touched, and never let dust through, the filter can weigh up to three times its original weight and still function normally, i could go on but i guess this all falls on Stoney ground.

• Like 2