husqvarna 555rxt brushcutter

Jamie Jones

Cheers Openspaceman, I know the difference in the guards, my issue is mainly that I can't see whether the metal saw guard that comes on the 555fx is removable from the gear head in any pictures and had been failing to find the info online.  Think I've figured out that the metal guard is removable and I only need the plastic guard.  Thank you for your detailed reply.  I know the stihl well, have a 460 that's been in the shop for 3 months of the 12 I've owned it with engine problems and is in the shop atm.  When it's hot, about half a tank in, the power just drops to uselessness.  Hoping the huskie will be an improvement.

Don't worry, I always use the rider plate, still spank lots of stones, go through the blades quite quickly, I'm clearing overgrown forest trails covered in rushes, brambles etc and rescuing overgrown beech and oak that was being strangled by sallies, alder and brambles, so needing to switch from mulching rushes and brambles to cutting the sallies and alder.

• 10 months later...

Just bought a 555rxt, tried it out and was pretty impressed. I usually go for Stihl, but I like the fact this is a simple machine without autotune and much cheaper than the equivalent Stihl.  

It has masses of power, whatever you cut with it, the engine note barely changes. I have used strimmers without guards before, but I am being pretty cautious with this one (guard, visor and chainsaw trousers) as that power could really chuck a stone at you.  Yes it is thirsty, but more fuel = more cut grass !

• Like 3

On 25/09/2021 at 11:00, Dmnc said:

Good day guys, my first post here.

I've just ordered a 555fx clearing saw from Sweden, I'm hoping to use it both with saw blades and mulching blades.  Would anyone know which parts I would need to convert it for use with mulching blades?  Is it just a guard?  Or an entire gear head and guard that I'll need?  If anyone knows the part numbers and where to order from in ireland or the uk, that would be amazing.

The 555frm comes with the mulch blade if you can get one, to fit the mulch blade on the 555 fx is not really a good idea, the tube is shorter for timber cutting, this so as the blade cuts the timber at an angle to stop the stem trapping the blade, mulching and grass cutting is far better with a longer tube to keep the cutting equipment parallel with the ground, to fit the mulch blade onto the Rx there is a clam shell bracket to strengthen the tube and stop the tube possibly shearing, these parts can be seen in the frm parts list

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stere said:

Surely this depends alot on the  users height and the adjustment  of position you clip the harness on also?

Stihl has a  row of attachment points looks like husky there is  only one clip on point?

On the harness for the forestry clearing saw there are 2 attachment points also there is a " quick cam " adjustment on the machine as well so you can slide that up or down so quite a bit of adjustment .  

• Like 1

On 25/09/2021 at 11:00, Dmnc said:

Good day guys, my first post here.

I've just ordered a 555fx clearing saw from Sweden, I'm hoping to use it both with saw blades and mulching blades.  Would anyone know which parts I would need to convert it for use with mulching blades?  Is it just a guard?  Or an entire gear head and guard that I'll need?  If anyone knows the part numbers and where to order from in ireland or the uk, that would be amazing.

With my limited experience of this brush cutter (4 tanks), I do not feel the need for a mulching blade yet.  Compared to smaller brush cutters, that are generally used at the limit of their capacity, it matters much less what attachment the 555rxt has on it - anything in its path is mulched and turned to dust.  I have used the grass head (3mm and 4.4mm square line) and flat 3 blade grass cutter pretty much interchangeably.  This grass blade destroys brambles, somehow it seems to mulch as it goes, cutting on the forward stroke and mulching on the return stroke (if that makes sense).

What guard? No seriously, the brushcutter comes with two guards.  One big guard for grass with the razor blade to trim the string.  I haven't used this as I like to control the length of string myself and not leave bits everywhere, so I have just used the other, blade guard. This guard should be fine with other blades of the same diameter the same sized center hole.  The manual explains how to swap blades.

On 25/09/2021 at 21:10, Dmnc said:

Cheers Openspaceman, I know the difference in the guards, my issue is mainly that I can't see whether the metal saw guard that comes on the 555fx is removable from the gear head in any pictures and had been failing to find the info online.  Think I've figured out that the metal guard is removable and I only need the plastic guard.  Thank you for your detailed reply.  I know the stihl well, have a 460 that's been in the shop for 3 months of the 12 I've owned it with engine problems and is in the shop atm.  When it's hot, about half a tank in, the power just drops to uselessness.  Hoping the huskie will be an improvement.

This may answer your question.

555FX.JPG

On 10/06/2021 at 13:32, openspaceman said:

pyrolysed for liquid fuels.

This imo should be the answer to the plastic problem, after all it's still a Hydro Carbon and as far as I can tell every single piece of plastic can be recycled in this way without any sorting at all in a self powered reasonably simple and well understood process.. and given that the stuff doesn't need mined or Drilled for surely it's a valuable resource just being wasted considering the millions of tons produced and dumped every year?

Yet another instance of the stupidity of humanity that's being mentioned on the 'making the news today' thread at the moment.

Apologies for the derail... but since you mentioned pyrolysis...

• Like 1