Remounting a mewp

steve30

Hi 

I have a cabstar cte lift, cab needs welding up, I also have a u140 with 14m mewp on it.

I would like to mount the cte onto the mog to make it 20m. I’m struggling to find someone to loler it.

my local engineer is happy to weld it all up.

Anyone have any pointers

Cheers 

Company (in Ireland) that I bought my cabstar/mewp from has given me ballpark quote to remount on a newer cabstar , repipe,new electrics and replace pins & bushes : €12k

I would think refitting to mog would be more expensive.

Whoever would design/fabricate the remount would have to be approved by CTE I would think.

Edited by s o c
Mistakes

2 hours ago, s o c said:

Company (in Ireland) that I bought my cabstar/mewp from has given me ballpark quote to remount on a newer cabstar , repipe,new electrics and replace pins & bushes : €12k

I would think refitting to mog would be more expensive.

Whoever would design/fabricate the remount would have to be approved by CTE I would think.

Can’t help but think the cost of remounting a x? Year old MEWP on a later vehicle (plus cost of later vehicle) would put you ½ way towards a box new tracked MEWP.  I’m on a mad saving spree for a tracked MEWP but may get distracted and piss the money away on a years sailing the world in a charter yacht....

Its in the balance at the moment 🤪

11 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Can’t help but think the cost of remounting a x? Year old MEWP on a later vehicle (plus cost of later vehicle) would put you ½ way towards a box new tracked MEWP.  I’m on a mad saving spree for a tracked MEWP but may get distracted and piss the money away on a years sailing the world in a charter yacht....

Its in the balance at the moment 🤪

Write chuff on a tracked mewp and go sailing, you know it makes sense.

4 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

That’s the sort of well considered, deeply thoughtful experience and advice I value most from this forum. Nice one Egger, I’ll renew my passport and get packed 🕶🌤

You've got by long enough without needing to buy tracked mewp, and living on boats is fun. We only have one go at this life, go and enjoy yourselves before the young'un needs to put proper schooling in. Rent your house out to recover some of the money for the mewp when you get back. See, I have thought it through...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

You've got by long enough without needing to buy tracked mewp, and living on boats is fun. We only have one go at this life, go and enjoy yourselves before the young'un needs to put proper schooling in. Rent your house out to recover some of the money for the mewp when you get back. See, I have thought it through...

I know yome right Egger, yome know yome right, was even talking to a mate about it earlier and HE knew (and wanted some of it) straight away!

His Mrs, sat across the table however, and mine if I even broached the merest hint of the idea, are ‘aving NONE of it!

Looks like it might be a somewhat shorter - but lads only - adventure. 

• Like 1