Second or daily vehicle.

Aisakelly

I been thinking about a second car/van/pickup recently and i was looking at one the other day and i think this is very practical for what i do, 

i can put the rear seats down and get 3 labs in during the winter,

will be ok for a few saws 

cheap to tax

cheap to insure

good on fuel 

cheap on tyres as it only has 3 to replace 

what do you all reckon, would it be ok ???? estate version or would the van be a better bet ?

IMG_0540 (1).JPG

IMG_0539.JPG

IMG_0554 (1).JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, spuddog0507 said:

I been thinking about a second car/van/pickup recently and i was looking at one the other day and i think this is very practical for what i do, 

cheap to tax

cheap to insure

good on fuel 

what do you all reckon, would it be ok ???? estate version or would the van be a better bet ?

IMG_0540 (1).JPG

IMG_0539.JPG

IMG_0554 (1).JPG

you just have to be steady going round bends with them

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Defo van so you can put it through as a commercial vehicle for expenses.

I remember being overtaken by one of those on the M25 in my youth, reckon he was doing about 90 and I was shocked at the nerve he must have to get up that speed. My Chevette certainly wasn't going to keep up and if I could have got that speed wouldn't have stopped.

• Like 3

cheap to tax
cheap to insure
good on fuel 
2088390659_IMG_0540(1).thumb.JPG.4efc9d9e5e8f467a7828a573bb73148e.JPG
IMG_0539.thumb.JPG.5659c202a9183b6c773a00b6b0ae76ab.JPG
266142778_IMG_0554(1).thumb.JPG.37e5d9ef9d39ee740adb3eb787cd6190.JPG
Haha, loads of miners had them where I live years ago when the pits were still going. Loved the van version. But it didn't matter to the owners, I used to see dogs, budgies, bales of hay, you name it, in the back of those. Me however, my daily driver is a berlingo multispace, and its brilliant.
  • Like 2

Had this for 3 years and love it. Very quiet and comfy, reasonably economical (40+mpg on motorway) for a big V6 diesel and 4x4. Ticks all the boxes for me, drove it to Spain and back in absolute comfort, but just as good commuting.  

20210606_181926.thumb.jpg.2bc8871499a3088bde55fdb0bea4f2f6.jpg

Had a MK 4 Golf wagon for 5 years before this. Love estates, wouldn't have anything else now.

I had a 1980 volvo 245 estate. Working on a site at maidenhead, at end of the day, the rest of the team with truck and chipper set off home, leaving me with another groundy to do the final brush down of the road. Found numerous piles of hornbeam cord lengths left behind, and being in days before moblie phones couldnt call the crew back. Nothing for it but to stuff it into the Volvo. Kept finding more and more piles of branches! Car was absolutely stuffed to the gills, difficult to even get the brooms and rake in. Tyres rubbing on wheel arches and smoking all the way back to yard - about 35miles away, exhaust rubbing on ground at every wallow in the road and potholes sounded like it was going to split in half. They dont make em like that anymore !!

Is it blue?

Many moons ago...  when I was a youth we used to drive down to York Dragway.  They would do ‘Run what you brung’ days.  There was a dude there once with a cossie engine in a Reliant Kitten.

It was mental.