Second or daily vehicle.

Aisakelly

Had this for 3 years and love it. Very quiet and comfy, reasonably economical (40+mpg on motorway) for a big V6 diesel and 4x4. Ticks all the boxes for me, drove it to Spain and back in absolute comfort, but just as good commuting.

20210606_181926.thumb.jpg.2bc8871499a3088bde55fdb0bea4f2f6.jpg

Had a MK 4 Golf wagon for 5 years before this. Love estates, wouldn't have anything else now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

This thread makes no sense.

We are supposed to know if he's looking for a hot hatch or a 4 door saloon to get the kids in the back, or a 4x4 to get about in the countryside. No snide comments mind.

Oh well. that didn't last long. I think he just likes looking at pictures and dreaming of... only if.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

For me it’s got to be somthing that can double up as a working truck .. so 4x4 and good at towing so use an amorak ... to be honest I’d rather have another single cab pick up but it is nice on longer journeys and can load Nieces and nephews in it.. but basically I don’t get the point in paying thousands, insuring, tax and upkeep of a vehicle when it can’t be used to make a profit for your business.

• Like 3

I do 90% of my work mileage in my 19 plate Citroen Berlingo. It's practical, comfortable and reliable, as well as being fairly quick and cheap to run. 

The remainder is in my 2006 V10 Touareg, which I use for occasional heavy towing and site visits. It's not cheap to run, isn't 100% reliable (it's 15 years old) but it's extremely comfortable and very rapid indeed. It puts a smile on my face.

Now and again I drive my wife's car, which is a 2016 4x4 Seat Leon X-perience. It's essentially a VW Golf estate on stilts with 4 wheel drive and a tuned GTD powertrain. That's also a right giggle to drive, but it usually stuffed to the gunnels with my wife's and children's stuff, so I stick to my two vehicles.

Nissan Micra

You pick them up for next to nothing,cost nothing to run and let's face it,employees trash everything so let them trash something cheap.

You can get all the saws and rigging gear you will ever need into one and still fit it up the driveway infront of the truck and chipper.

• Like 2

I just bought a Volvo C70 2.0t petrol convertible. Completely impractical in many ways, but it at least sits four people in reasonable comfort, sounds nice and is costing me the square root of FA in depreciation. No lease costs etc and with only doing about 8k miles per year at the moment, hopefully the fuel bills won’t be too much of a problem either.

• Like 1

I just bought a Volvo C70 2.0t petrol convertible. Completely impractical in many ways, but it at least sits four people in reasonable comfort, sounds nice and is costing me the square root of FA in depreciation. No lease costs etc and with only doing about 8k miles per year at the moment, hopefully the fuel bills won’t be too much of a problem either.

Roof down,really easy to fill with chip or cord.
[emoji1][emoji1]
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1