Jungle 90ft Garden Clearance

Chipperclown

i’d have thought mulching it down with a long reach hedge cutter would be a good option .if they are particularly woody then finish off with a brush cutter .rake it up and sling into ton bags .new regrowth sprayed with a few applications of strong glyphosate 

How wide is it? The total area doesn't sound that bad. I cleared 50ft x 10ft of 6ft high brambles and briars in an hour one evening last week with a sickle. I treated it in layers - slashing forward cuts first followed by horizontal cuts, followed by dragging the loose away and then then repeating for the next layer. It is now wilted off nicely and I will run the ride-on mower over it all next time I am out there which will get that area back under control.

I would prefer to use a mulching brushcutter but it was getting a bit late and that area adjoins our next door neighbours' house.

Alec

Were you wearing a gauntlet of some kind? I'd have thought your forearm would have been scratched to hell if not!
I'd want to have a Slasher, long handled Bill Hook, available for this and the job specified in the OP. Wouldn't be able to clear the whole lot with it but they're good to have in the armoury for some tricky situations.

9 hours ago, sime42 said:

Were you wearing a gauntlet of some kind? I'd have thought your forearm would have been scratched to hell if not!
I'd want to have a Slasher, long handled Bill Hook, available for this and the job specified in the OP. Wouldn't be able to clear the whole lot with it but they're good to have in the armoury for some tricky situations.

No - no gauntlet, just a T-shirt. I caught one briar thorn on the back of a finger and that's it. I am quite careful about where I make my cuts so that the sickle handle won't pass through anything spiky - the briar caught me as it fell faster than I thought it would.

8 minutes ago, Stere said:

6ft just bramble  alone is fairly straight forward its when there 15- 20ft high growing up blackthorn scrub etc thats a real pain.

Agreed - I have had to do this a couple of times. Once at my parents' place over 30yrs ago and once at my current place when we moved in. The limit is about 3/4" I find. Once there is blackthorn thicker than that I cut everything else with the sickle and then leave those thicker stems which are chopped out with a mattock. The only saving grace is that once the blackthorn reaches that thickness it generally starts to suppress the bramble.

Alec