Day rates when things go wrong..

benedmonds

8 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Yup could have turned and now finds his self attracted to men 🙃 Come on. Your in denial

I must confess i am attracted to sane men who enjoy Radio 4 and acknowledge proper guide bar attention. K

Quite simple Imo, he should just pay for the two days. It's not his fault at all that you didn't manage to do any work on the third day. It seems like he gives you plenty of work, if you still want that then suck it up like we all do when we fook up and don't burn your bridges. 

If he didn't want to pay the initial price then he sure isn't going to want to pay for a day of no work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swinny said:

Cock ups yes.... On days to do a job etc.... 

This is a **************** up... getting a mewp or piece of equipment stuck to do a day's work and then charging a customer for a full days rate of productive work? When you got bugger all done

Your instance should be a bollocking for site foreman and you suck it up as a business owner...

Come on. Your in denial

Not sure what I am in denial about?

I have not said what I charged or didn't.

I started a thread to discuss, what different opinions were.

Employees are alway doing stupid things that cost the employer.  I am not sure how bollovking the foreman will help. I am sure he us pretty aware I am not happy about it.

Edited by benedmonds

It's annoying but if it was me I would expect to suck up that third day as a loss. I always compare it to building work etc. If you turned up as a group of brickies to do a job you quoted in a day with all the bricks and mortar but your mixer broke an hour in you had to get it all mixed by hand so you got barely anything done then you would have to go back and finish the job not charge the customer twice the price because you worked half the speed. 

"Day rate" is always a funny one across the industries though because the lines of what is who's fault are blurred. I've always seen it as:

If your guys, equipment, skills etc caused a delay then it's your problem.

If the customer wants more done, caused delays, provided dodgy kit, changed work plans or requested additional stuff then it's on them. 

Sadly I think this one sticks with you unless the customer got the picker stuck 👎

• Like 2

You need to bang a cheap 13000lbs winch on the 4x4 mate or have one handy on a chipper , those 4x4 mewps are pretty easy to get stuck, I certainly would not put ours in some where unless I knew there was a plan to get it out... think you will have to suck that up... I’ve got plenty of machines stuck recently, I would just be great full that they don’t charge to reinstate the ground where it’s gone up to its axles.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Khriss said:

How the fvvk you get a 4x4 stuck ?? 

If you had any experience driving off road,especially in anything big or heavy you would not have posted the above.

Ben,tell the client the terms you really want to have. If he turns you down find another client. The job I posted recently using the dozer,well the client thought he could get another strip felled "because after all,the machines are already there". I told him no,its going to cost the same again because the machines will make the same money elsewhere.

He took my terms.It dosnt always go well as we all know,but as long as it goes well often enough to make a profit that's as much as you can ask for. 

• Like 8