Advice Re Tree Removal

blue55

Question

Good Morning,

I have a large fir/pine(?) tree in my front garden as per the photos below. At a guess it's probably 12-15m tall and for various reasons we have decided to have it removed. My question is if I were to remove a significant proportion of the branches myself would that have much of an impact on the price that a professional would charge for the removal? For clarity I would still need the branches to be removed from the site but I would probably keep some or all of the trunk. Any advice or guidance welcome.

Thank you

20210526_151529_resized.jpg

20210526_151543_resized.jpg

20210526_151551_resized.jpg

20210526_151629_resized.jpg

15 minutes ago, blue55 said:

Good Morning,

I have a large fir/pine(?) tree in my front garden as per the photos below. At a guess it's probably 12-15m tall and for various reasons we have decided to have it removed. My question is if I were to remove a significant proportion of the branches myself would that have much of an impact on the price that a professional would charge for the removal? For clarity I would still need the branches to be removed from the site but I would probably keep some or all of the trunk. Any advice or guidance welcome.

Thank you

20210526_151529_resized.jpg

20210526_151543_resized.jpg

20210526_151551_resized.jpg

20210526_151629_resized.jpg

Could increase the price if you remove some of the brash and then stack it all  " this way and that " rather than all pointing the same way ( direction of chipper )  and/or cut them up too short making it awkward to feed them . I say this as it happened to me . Bloke got his gardener to do some of the work coz he thought it would help and make it cheaper . It made more time consuming and should have been more expensive .  

• Like 4

That's lovely thanks for all the speedy responses. The tree was here when we moved in 16 years ago topchippyles, but we didn't do anything to keep it manageable unfortunately. 

I'll get some quotes leaving it as it is and get it taken away. Any ideas how much it's likely to cost? I'm in Surrey just within M25 as I'm guessing location makes a difference.