Mitsi L 200 thoughts !

miker

Tell me to sod off if you like but .....

You know the drill by now !

Ive had hilux, ranger , isuzu , just thought i would get real life input on the l200

looking at 2015 on, mk 5 i think, not the new one

I wont be towing, just strimmers,blowers, tools etc and weekend use to chuck bikes/bbq  etc in

Cheers again

Mike

My brother in law and his partner have two. He uses it more as a car than a pickup, she uses it for all the jobs at the stables plus towing the horse trailer. Neither of them look after their cars and with exception to routine maintenance and wear and tear items haven’t had any problems. 

I have one ...not used for towing , just tools and a bit of dragging on occasion , use it for leisure stuff a lot , kayaks , diving gear etc very practical vehicle ....was after a Hi Lux but so many were high mileage , worked hard and overpriced and few and far between locally , many L200's about that have had easy life !! 

IMG_20200409_080959.jpg

Edited by devon TWiG

On 03/06/2021 at 23:51, miker said:

Tell me to sod off if you like but .....

You know the drill by now !

Ive had hilux, ranger , isuzu , just thought i would get real life input on the l200

looking at 2015 on, mk 5 i think, not the new one

I wont be towing, just strimmers,blowers, tools etc and weekend use to chuck bikes/bbq  etc in

Cheers again

Mike

L200 Series 4 (2006-2015) and 5 (2016-2018) 4Life single cab pickups are good work vehicles which come with ladder rack and lashing hooks on outside of vehicle as well as internal lashing points. Very good off-road and fine on the road, reliable vehicles and good value for money. Average fuel combustion on the road when not towing 32 mpg (have had 40 mpg out of both on good roads on a longer journeys when not loaded up but that's exceptional). Regularly tow about 2700kg plus a tonne in the pickup on the road as well as across farmland and forest tracks with no problem but of course fuel consumption will drop. The bed length on single cab is over 2m and can hold 1.5m bulk/loose load of split 25cm logs. The Series 5 is an improvement on the Series 5 and the one to go for.  Wouldn't buy a Series 6 as a single cab work vehicle is no longer an option. There are better vehicles out there for those that need to tow more weight or want a more car like vehicle but as a work vehicle plus a bit of private use there're fine and not too big to manoeuvre among trees in wooded areas. Have had no experience of L200 double cab pickups except as a passenger and they seem a bit cramped in the back. If you need something to double up as a private vehicle and need to carry more than 2 persons then a double cab is the way to go but for work a single cab I fine is best.

if fuel economy isnt a issue get a Yank truck.

Ive replaced my Dmax with a dodge ram. Absolutely anilities it on every aspect you can think of except fuel consumption. And you can even get a 3.0 v6 which id imagine is a lot better than the 5.7 v8

But the v8 is a beauty, sounds awesome and goes like stink for a big truck.

And surprisingly not much longer than the dmax.

2 hours ago, jose said:

if fuel economy isnt a issue get a Yank truck.

Ive replaced my Dmax with a dodge ram. Absolutely anilities it on every aspect you can think of except fuel consumption. And you can even get a 3.0 v6 which id imagine is a lot better than the 5.7 v8

But the v8 is a beauty, sounds awesome and goes like stink for a big truck.

And surprisingly not much longer than the dmax.

Is it 4x4 and if so whats it like off road ?

yep 4wd.

I tugged out the main work truck the other day from the mud.

Ive currently got road tyres on it so not great traction but its got all the grunt you could ever want!

and contrary to its size its a piece of cake to drive and super comfy .

as said it just wiped the floor with my Dmax ( 2014 with 15k when new). 

After a week it was no different to drive than any other vehicle ( its left hand drive).

Only time thats a pain is at mcdonalds drive through!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1