New H&S scheme for chainsaws coming?

Stere

44 minutes ago, slack ma girdle said:

In a nut shell its this.

https://www.safeforestry.co.uk/

Developed by Callum Duffy, with little help from FISA.

Unlike Anything that FISA has done ,  this works. Everything you need to be compliant is logged through your phone, with desktop backup.

Just had a quick look through it, I will have a proper read tomorrow.

Looks like a well developed and very useful app for forestry workers.

I think FISA have set, "are setting", the standards for demonstrating chainsaw competency, including recording training / quals and  'hours logged', and Callum has developed an app based system for recording this which also includes machinery operations (I've seen the system demo'd and it appears very comprehensive for the forestry industry sector.)

AFAG are looking at the opportunity for an 'arb industry' equivalent but this is in relatively early stages (I'm in a AFAG meeting his morning so will report back anything worthy of note.)

Cheers,

Paul

• Like 1

No particular updates but the Arb Assn is reviewing the previous 'R2' development (Register of Tree Work Operatives) in conjunction with Lantra, and with a view to simplify it (previously was very complex.) Also City & Guilds / NPTC have developed a means of digital badging individuals to evidence qualifications, and the details of the qual (it also have the facility to record additional information, e.g. time served / experience .)

Hence this is an ongoing project being 'driven', to some extent by HSE/AFAG, but will be for industry to deliver.

2 hours ago, AA Teccie (Paul) said:

No particular updates but the Arb Assn is reviewing the previous 'R2' development (Register of Tree Work Operatives) in conjunction with Lantra, and with a view to simplify it (previously was very complex.) Also City & Guilds / NPTC have developed a means of digital badging individuals to evidence qualifications, and the details of the qual (it also have the facility to record additional information, e.g. time served / experience .)

Hence this is an ongoing project being 'driven', to some extent by HSE/AFAG, but will be for industry to deliver.

In all fairness, who in ARB needs to actually look at this end information? Benefit of the customer? Employer? 

I just see it as another load of bollocks made by pricks with clipboards.

Those that can do, those that can't teach

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, swinny said:

In all fairness, who in ARB needs to actually look at this end information? Benefit of the customer? Employer? 

I just see it as another load of bollocks made by pricks with clipboards.

Those that can do, those that can't teach

I use an i-Pad these days Swinny, binned my clipboard years ago ;) 

• Haha 5