Nutrition

Steve Bullman

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well its not really food but i take glucosamine supplement as most people in this line of work end up knacked at the end of their career. Anything which could prevent or slow down osteoarthritis must be a good thing. And after 4 months of taking it my knees no longer crunch and i definitely dont ache as much.

well its not really food but i take glucosamine supplement as most people in this line of work end up knacked at the end of their career. Anything which could prevent or slow down osteoarthritis must be a good thing. And after 4 months of taking it my knees no longer crunch and i definitely dont ache as much.

Have you heard of this site? This guy looks at treeclimbing holistically, seems to take a different approach to nutrition, body conditioning and ergonomics. He's even designed an ergonomically correct posture harness for treeclimbers.

http://www.treemettlenexus.com/treemettlenexus.html

Does anyone follow any sort of healthy eating regime? I do try to but always find i cant get enough energy in the day. I'll find i eat till im too bloated to climb to get enough energy and always end up going back to mars bars and the like.

Steve, my daily food intake is as follows.....

Breakfast - Bowl of porrage oats with bran (Sainsburys)with semi-skimmed milk, sprinkled with half a teaspoon of organic unrefined cane sugar.

Mid morning - one/two bananas, drink cranberry or pomegramite juice mixed 50/50 with sparkilng water.

Lunch - (made the night before) Brown rice, cooked with Miso soup mix(any supermarket), Swiss boullion, madras, tikka and garam masala spices and a teaspoon of peanut butter. You can include sauted onions, peppers, chicken...whatever you like really. The brown rice will not bloat you like white rice or pasta, pasta is the champion bloaterfood.

Alternatively - sandwich made with wholemeal/granary bread and lean meat or tuna and sweetcorn with mayonnaise. With a dash of black pepper.

Dinner - chicken or fish like tuna, cod, haddock, salmon with roasted veg(parsnips, carrots, sweet potato, peppers, onions, courgettes) go easy on potatoes as they will bloat you as well.

Drink glass of semi-skimmed milk or fresh orange juice with dinner.

AVOID!!!! CRISPS OF ANY KIND EVEN TORTILLA CHIPS, SALTED PEANUTS, CHOCOLATE, SWEETS, PROTEIN POWDERS, VITAMIN SUPPLEMENTS.

FIZZY DRINKS LIKE COKE OR 7UP, LUCOZADE, POWERADE, RED BULL.

Finally drink at least 1 and a half litres of water per day or more depending on thirst. :151:

why advoid those things especially chocolate lucazade ect?

Matty, don't avoid them altogether if you like them, but all that stuff is highly refined and processed, makes it harder for your body to break down.

Chocolate and sweets are like eating trash, your body has to work really hard to get any goodness from them. When it does its just short term bursts then back down to feelin crap.

Brazil, pecan, hazel nuts , raw peanuts, walnuts, are good snacks oatcakes are good as well.

Its the trash you eat and drink in between your meals that makes you feel like sh*t.

Crisps are full of oil, and its clogging your arteries as we speak, they taste great but they are full of salt and fat, the salt causes your body to hold onto any water it has - causing bloatedness.

Get a decent breakfast like porrage oats, if you don't like the sloppy look of porrige cook it for less time in the microwave - its still chewy and smells so damn good. The best god damn slow release energy food of all time.:151:

but I'm a sucker for crisps...

Its the crunch Ed, youi gotta find an alternative to these or your on a one way ticket to fatsville!

We're genetically programmed to enjoy crunchy things, the crisp industry is knows this, so they make them more and more crunchy!

Try cream crackers with roquefort instead or a good strong cheddar if your poor. At least its real food. Theres about 2 tablespoons of fat in a bag like this.

5343365%20-%2019_12_2006%20-%20urbnosh28.jpg